cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?UPDATE

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?

@tinuviel wrote:

@DI wrote:

@cahiatt wrote:

I'll have to pay attention to this. I had them change the date the day after I opened the account so nothing should have reported yet. I'll see what it says when they report and update. I thought the entire point of this was that AMEX was reporting the original member date as the account opening date.

Anyone confirm?

My thinking is they do report the member since date,  but it must be done when they first report a new account.   I think she was telling me since my 2009 account has already been reported to the bureaus, they cannot change that opening date.  I think all subsequent accounts that I open will report as being opened in 1997. 

When I first went online to activate my new card, it already showed my member since date as 1987; I didn't have to call to have them change anything. They did send me a new card with the 1987 date embossed on it (just arrived today), but the website has always displayed it as 1987. Am I correct in assuming that I'll be ok?

All of that occured with my account too.  But if they do not correct the date with the CRAs, backdating on the website and card is meaningless.

Message 61 of 97
ficofox
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?

@tinuviel wrote:

When I first went online to activate my new card, it already showed my member since date as 1987; I didn't have to call to have them change anything. They did send me a new card with the 1987 date embossed on it (just arrived today), but the website has always displayed it as 1987. Am I correct in assuming that I'll be ok?

I'm wondering the same thing. I just got approved for the Platinum and they haven't started reporting but the 'Member since' date has always shown since 2001 on the online account screen. I suspect that whatever date has always shown on your login screen will be the one they report. Please let us know what they eventually report for you and I will do the same.

i think that in DI's case, it's more dififcult to change because they have already been reporting a different date that DI has been seeing on their online account.

In our case, there is nothing to actually change.

That's all speculation though. We'll see...

With FICO, time heals all wounds.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 62 of 97
DI
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?UPDATE

Message from AMEX

Hello DI,

Yes, if you apply for a new Card with us, it will be reported with 1997 as your Member Since date.

Have a nice day!

Message 63 of 97
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

You can always apply for your current card, get the new member date to report and close the old card... 

Message 64 of 97
DI
Super Contributor

@UFGuy2006 wrote:

You can always apply for your current card, get the new member date to report and close the old card... 

Thanks for letting me know that.  I didn't know we can carry two of the same type cards. I may just do that if the Target  date doesn't get fixed.

Message 65 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, got my card backdated to 1991 and the website shows the same.  New card in "9-12 days" lol

Now, since the Amex hasn't shown up on any CR yet, I just have to make sure the Amex CB reports it properly for when it does Smiley Happy

Message 66 of 97
JRomulus
Regular Contributor

I was successful in backdating my Amex charge card to 1985 2 weeks ago, they FedEx'd me a new card within 3 days and my statement just closed and Experian's report now shows the new date opened as 1985. 

Very cool.Smiley Happy

Also impressed that they posted the MR 15,000 bonus within days of me hitting the $30,000 spend on the PR Gold.

I am curious now whether they will also backdate the new non-charge card I have with them.... will see what they report when that one closes the first time.

Message 67 of 97
kromix
New Contributor

I backdated not too long ago and it is already showing the backdated year on Experian, EQ and TU have not yet been updated.

Message 68 of 97
DI
Super Contributor

@kromix wrote:

I backdated not too long ago and it is already showing the backdated year on Experian, EQ and TU have not yet been updated.

Is this a new account that got backdated?  Or did AMEX  change the date on your credit reports? 

Message 69 of 97
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

It took the first statement cut to show up on all three for me, back dating to 1979.

Then, when I opened the Costco Amex, it reported in to all three as a date of 1979. Of course, the card also reflects this.

Thinking about apping for a green card as the rewards are better then the zync. Hate to pay the fee but might be a better card in the long run.

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 70 of 97
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.