Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?UPDATE

tag
JRomulus
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?UPDATE

So my first statement posted (since the PR Gold Card backdating approval 2 weeks ago) for the Amex credit card I got last month and Experian reports it as also opened in  5/85. 

As DI says, doesn't really matter what the card or website says as long as you get credit for the time on the CRAs.

Very pleased.  Adding 2 cards and 25 years for each to my mix added one year to my AAoA, from 7 to 8 years.  Not a big deal I suppose, but nice.

Message 71 of 97
DI
Super Contributor

@JRomulus wrote:

So my first statement posted (since the PR Gold Card backdating approval 2 weeks ago) for the Amex credit card I got last month and Experian reports it as also opened in  5/85. 

As DI says, doesn't really matter what the card or website says as long as you get credit for the time on the CRAs.

Very pleased.  Adding 2 cards and 25 years for each to my mix added one year to my AAoA, from 7 to 8 years.  Not a big deal I suppose, but nice.

Congrats  to you!

Message 72 of 97
cahiatt
Contributor

Just received updated card.

Also wanted to note. I had them do the backdating the day after I opened the card. My replacement card came in today. About a week after the originals and I noticed on the envelope they had the address wrong. Fortunately the post office noticed and it made it here anyway. Here is the kicker...

1) Checked online info and address information is correct. Why was mailing address on envelope wrong?

2) Card that came in had the exact same account number, expiry date AND security code. Essentially this card arrived already activated since it was an exact duplicate of my original. I went to get gas to verify. Worked without activating.

3) My wife's replacement card did NOT show up. Suspect the same address problem. But now worried her card info is the same also and it is in someone else's hands fully activated.

I just got off the phone with AMEX. They cancelled her number and re-issued. Overnighting another card for her. WHEW!!!!

Starting Score: 594 (Dec 10, 2010)
Score: 758 (March, 2013
Goal Score: 730 on all (by end of 2012)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 73 of 97
DI
Super Contributor

I got approved Tuesday. I hope my new card showing 1997 member since date is in my mailbox today.  

Message 74 of 97
kromix
New Contributor

DI,

Good Luck! 

I have since received my new Amex Hilton and Amex Blue accounts in the mail with 1997 on the cards, have 3 accounts now with 1997, waiting on them to update accross all CRA's, so far my gold and hilton show 1997 on EXP, waiting on it to show up on EQ/TU!

Message 75 of 97
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@DI wrote:

I got approved Tuesday. I hope my new card showing 1997 member since date is in my mailbox today.  

(ETA above quote)

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 76 of 97
DI
Super Contributor

@kromix wrote:

DI,

Good Luck! 

I have since received my new Amex Hilton and Amex Blue accounts in the mail with 1997 on the cards, have 3 accounts now with 1997, waiting on them to update accross all CRA's, so far my gold and hilton show 1997 on EXP, waiting on it to show up on EQ/TU!

That's awesome, Kromix!  Your AAoAs should be looking really good now. 

Message 77 of 97
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@kromix wrote:

DI,

Good Luck! 

Congrats! Nice way to boost AAoA!!! Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 78 of 97
DI
Super Contributor

I just sent a follow-up email to AMEX asking about my new card.  I inquried if my 1997 member since date is listed on the card and will 1997 report to the credit bureaus. 

Message 79 of 97
RobSteal
Valued Member

Will they backdate a Bank of America Accelerated Rewards American Express card? 

This particular BofA card is not actually an American Express card, but it uses AMEX's network. Customer service is through BofA.

Do you think it would work on this type of AMEX card?

Message 80 of 97
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.