Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Blue Approved after recon!

tag
andre181
Established Contributor

AMEX Blue Approved after recon!

What a great way to start the week!

On Saturday night, after much debate, I applied for AMEX Blue and was instantly denied for too many inquiries.

I called executive services for a recon this morning. 2 hours later the nice lady that I spoke with called me back and told me that I was approved with a CL or $2000!

My dream credit profile is complete! Now I think its time to ditch Capital One and Chase.
Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Blue Approved after recon!

how many inq do you have on experian?

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

what phone number did you use to recon the application?

Message 3 of 14
andre181
Established Contributor

I had 7 inq's on EX

And the number that I called is their executive services department: 1-800-297-6197

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 4 of 14
dms42
New Contributor

Did you speak to Maxine? I just called for recon and she was SO nice. I applied online a few days ago and got the denial email this morning. The reason said becuz there is "Bankruptcy" on my Experian report. I immediately pulled all 3 of my reports...no BK and my score is 755. So of course I'm surprised by the declination. Maxine did a 3-way call with New Accts and the guy there said that he'd have my application internally reviewed. I offered to fax over my credit repoort, but he said they didn't need it...told me to check back in 2 business days. We'll see what happens.
Chase Freedom $2500...NFCU $17,500...Cap1 $3900...USAA Amex CashBack Reward Plus $16K...Amex Everyday $1K...Discover iT $5500...BofA Royal Caribbean $1600...Kohls $600...Best Buy $2K...Dell $4K...Conns $4K...Blue Nile $2K...WalMart $2700...Discount Tire $2700...AZSTCU Visa $5K...PayPal $1800...USAA Visa $7500...Merrick $1600...Target $300...USAA Rewards Visa $6K...Home Depot $500...Old Navy Visa $1K...Citi HiltonHonors Reserve Visa $7K...USAA Amex Reward (2nd card) $11K...Williams-Sonoma $3K...Crate & Barrel $7K...USAA Cash Reward Amex (3rd card) $7500...NFCU Signature Visa $14,500...AMEX PRG (NPSL)... FINALLLLLLY, drumroll please... Marriott Rewards!!!! $7500. (Now I'm done. Gardening for the rest of 2016!)
Message 5 of 14
dms42
New Contributor

Application still says "In Process" but they have hard pulled 2 of my 3 reports.  I'm thinking it's not gonna be approved because the VERY day that I asked for a recon, my NFCU reported the new balance and it's a lot...so there goes my 5% utilization.  Had I reconned 1 day sooner...UGH!  The day the NFCU balance reported my scores took a major dive (-45 pts) and now AMEX is gonna see the lower scores too.  I know that the scores will recover quickly, but the coincidence (timing of it all) couldnt have been worse!  We'll see...  

Chase Freedom $2500...NFCU $17,500...Cap1 $3900...USAA Amex CashBack Reward Plus $16K...Amex Everyday $1K...Discover iT $5500...BofA Royal Caribbean $1600...Kohls $600...Best Buy $2K...Dell $4K...Conns $4K...Blue Nile $2K...WalMart $2700...Discount Tire $2700...AZSTCU Visa $5K...PayPal $1800...USAA Visa $7500...Merrick $1600...Target $300...USAA Rewards Visa $6K...Home Depot $500...Old Navy Visa $1K...Citi HiltonHonors Reserve Visa $7K...USAA Amex Reward (2nd card) $11K...Williams-Sonoma $3K...Crate & Barrel $7K...USAA Cash Reward Amex (3rd card) $7500...NFCU Signature Visa $14,500...AMEX PRG (NPSL)... FINALLLLLLY, drumroll please... Marriott Rewards!!!! $7500. (Now I'm done. Gardening for the rest of 2016!)
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations to you andre181

I have the AmEx Blue Cash and it's an awesome card, and the customer service at AmEx is second to none.

@dms42 wrote:

Application still says "In Process" but they have hard pulled 2 of my 3 reports.  I'm thinking it's not gonna be approved because the VERY day that I asked for a recon, my NFCU reported the new balance and it's a lot...so there goes my 5% utilization.  Had I reconned 1 day sooner...UGH!  The day the NFCU balance reported my scores took a major dive (-45 pts) and now AMEX is gonna see the lower scores too.  I know that the scores will recover quickly, but the coincidence (timing of it all) couldnt have been worse!  We'll see...  

I hope it works out for you dms42, let us know the outcome.

Best of Luck Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 14
dms42
New Contributor

So...I checked the status online and it's DECLINED...no surprise there, I guess. My new NFCU credit card totally sunk my AMEX ship (pun intended.) I'm not complaining considering that I'm still in great shape credit cardwise. My score has taken a big hit from the hard inquiries and 2 new accounts. Right now my open to buy credit card CLs equal $42K...$17.5K limit on one card. I've got a mortgage and a modest car payment- so a good mix of credit. There is such thing as having too much credit and too much open to buy. I know my scores will recover in a month or three once accounts stabilize (I did some balance transferring). At some point I do want the True Earnings card still simply because I frequent Costco and the rewards would be nice. I'm not interested in any other Amex card.
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP:  You get a $2K credit line with Amex and plan to close Chase with a $3.3k credit line?  Why, if I may ask?

Message 9 of 14
DI
Super Contributor

Congrats!  I had to recon those suckers too even though I  have pristine credit. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.