Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Blue Approved after recon!

tag
andre181
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX Blue Approved after recon!

@Anonymous wrote:

OP:  You get a $2K credit line with Amex and plan to close Chase with a $3.3k credit line?  Why, if I may ask?

Because I do not use use it and I refuse to use it, even for a pack of gum every couple of months. Chase has the rudest CS I've ever dealt with, and they also lie. 

Now that I have a good amount of available credit, I feel that I can cancel it. And I would rather cancel it than have them cancel it for being inactive.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 11 of 14
slarano
Frequent Contributor

How long did your recon call take? And what if any questions did they ask? I app'd last night on a whim (plus I have amazing luck with app'ing late at night), but received a denial e-mail this morning after AMEX was unable to make an instant decision last night. 

ImageImageImage

Message 12 of 14
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Do you still need AMEX Zync? Now that you got Blue which also uses Membership Reward Express it is pretty much no AF version of Zync. Unless you have added some packs on Zync?

Message 13 of 14
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

OP:  You get a $2K credit line with Amex and plan to close Chase with a $3.3k credit line?  Why, if I may ask?

Ppl are having a difficult time getting a Chase Freedom card...I want to know why too, haha.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.