Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Blue - What are my chances?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Blue - What are my chances?

I've had my eye on the AMEX Blue for the longest time. I've never had an AMEX card before and really was hoping to be able to get the AMEX Blue as my first AMEX card instead of going through the process of building a relationship with Zync.

My EQ FICO = 720 TU = 716, but that doesn't really matter since AMEX solely pulls EX in my area, so I pulled a FAKO EX. My EX PLUS score was 734. My EX reports about 14% utility. My AAoA is about 2.2 years, with my oldest account being almost 4 years old. My credit limits vary from $1000-$3000. I have 1 inq that is within the last 12 months and 6 that's over 12 months old. I have no baddies and a perfect payment history. My income is $41k.

So what do you think my chances are with AMEX Blue?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Blue - What are my chances?

I would say pretty darn good. I am little suprised your limits are so low. I see little reason for denial.

Message 2 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I say pretty good chance, but if you happen to get instantly denied, go back in and apply for zync, should just be 1 pull

Message 3 of 17
lovely222
Regular Contributor

Creditaddict - why would it just be one pull?

IMO it seems like you should be approved. Apply and let us know!

6/13: FICO TU (Walmart): 750
6/13: FICO EQ (Score Watch): 769
Goal: 780+, 0 Balances, No app'ing! (For real this time!!!)
Message 4 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@lovely222 wrote:

Creditaddict - why would it just be one pull?

IMO it seems like you should be approved. Apply and let us know!

at least in the past all applications on same day resulted in 1 pull... not sure if they have changed this now or not.

Message 5 of 17
lovely222
Regular Contributor

Shucks, I wish I would have known that before I double applied for CitiCards. 

Message 6 of 17
smc733
Valued Contributor

Why does everyone say this about Amex?  When I did that, they immediately said if you get denied any app you have to wait 30 days...

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried the AMEX preapproval link but no offers came up for me. Should I still apply? I so scared to app! Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 17
lovely222
Regular Contributor

I've read on these forums that creditcards.com  has an application called CardMatch that tells you which card you are most likely to be approved for. Not sure if it costs anything. Maybe try that? Anyone else use that before? I read that it's a soft TU pull.

Message 9 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@lovely222 wrote:

Shucks, I wish I would have known that before I double applied for CitiCards. 

This isn't for all cards, just those who decide to do this. I don't know if AmEx still does.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.