Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Blue & Green.. backdating & PC?

tag
minion27
Established Member

AMEX Blue & Green.. backdating & PC?

Hi all! This is my first time posting but have been reading this forums *a lot* the past couple of months. Anyway I have a couple of questions about AMEX.. I'll give a little bit of background first.

Back in 2005 I had a secured Bofa card with $500 limit ..later closed that account and apped for Citi & AMEX cc. I was approved for both with about $2000 limit. Soon after I got married & we put a lot on both cards with moving expenses. About the end of 2006, I started nursing school & quit my job so wasn't able to pay for my cc bills. I honestly didn't really think (stupid) about the consequences of allowing them to default. Both of them went to collections Smiley Sad 

Since then, I reopened a secured bofa card with $300 in 2011 and both of the cc collections have dropped off of my report (unpaid) and my credit score shot back up. My bofa card graduated to unsecured & in 11/2013 they gave me a CLI to $1000 (not auto, I had to call in and request it). I PC'd to the Cash rewards that same month and they gave another CLI to $2500. Then I was approved for discover, chase freedom & slate (in december). I was extremely happy with the AMEX I had before so I REALLY wanted to get another AMEX. Well I app'd for the Green charge card tonight (since it seems as though it's easier to get approved for charge cards) and was approved! I was ecstatic that I was back with the AMEX family. And I was tempted to app for the Blue (not BCE) and it was another approval! yay! I don't know what the CL is yet..

On to my questions:

* Would I be able to PC to BCE? and when would be the best time to do it? since I think I would utilize that type of card better

* Do you think it would be a risk to try to backdate the card? (the old account I had with them was an unpaid collection of about $1500?)

Thanks in advance! Just look for me in the garden .. Smiley Happy

BofA Cash Rewards $10000 || DCU $7500 || Chase Slate $5000 || Discover It $2400 || Chase Freedom $1500 || AMEX Blue $800 || AMEX Green NPSL || VS $500 || Capital One Platinum $300 || Target Red Card $300

Starting Score: 529 || Current Scores: EQ: 677 EX: 671 TU: 668 || Goal Score: 700
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX Blue & Green.. backdating & PC?

@minion27 wrote:

Hi all! This is my first time posting but have been reading this forums *a lot* the past couple of months. Anyway I have a couple of questions about AMEX.. I'll give a little bit of background first.

Back in 2005 I had a secured Bofa card with $500 limit ..later closed that account and apped for Citi & AMEX cc. I was approved for both with about $2000 limit. Soon after I got married & we put a lot on both cards with moving expenses. About the end of 2006, I started nursing school & quit my job so wasn't able to pay for my cc bills. I honestly didn't really think (stupid) about the consequences of allowing them to default. Both of them went to collections Smiley Sad 

Since then, I reopened a secured bofa card with $300 in 2011 and both of the cc collections have dropped off of my report (unpaid) and my credit score shot back up. My bofa card graduated to unsecured & in 11/2013 they gave me a CLI to $1000 (not auto, I had to call in and request it). I PC'd to the Cash rewards that same month and they gave another CLI to $2500. Then I was approved for discover, chase freedom & slate (in december). I was extremely happy with the AMEX I had before so I REALLY wanted to get another AMEX. Well I app'd for the Green charge card tonight (since it seems as though it's easier to get approved for charge cards) and was approved! I was ecstatic that I was back with the AMEX family. And I was tempted to app for the Blue (not BCE) and it was another approval! yay! I don't know what the CL is yet..

On to my questions:

* Would I be able to PC to BCE? and when would be the best time to do it? since I think I would utilize that type of card better

* Do you think it would be a risk to try to backdate the card? (the old account I had with them was an unpaid collection of about $1500?)

grats on the approval.

you generally have to wait a year before you can do any product changes, though some people were able to get it done earlier than that. you can always keep calling until you get someone who is willing to help you, if you're okay with the hassle.

i don't think there's any risk trying to backdate the card, but that's just my personal opinion. you are already off the blacklist so i don't think that would matter.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 10
minion27
Established Member

Thanks! I'll probably just wait a year to PC

BofA Cash Rewards $10000 || DCU $7500 || Chase Slate $5000 || Discover It $2400 || Chase Freedom $1500 || AMEX Blue $800 || AMEX Green NPSL || VS $500 || Capital One Platinum $300 || Target Red Card $300

Starting Score: 529 || Current Scores: EQ: 677 EX: 671 TU: 668 || Goal Score: 700
Message 3 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@minion27 wrote:

Thanks! I'll probably just wait a year to PC

I agree with enharu on his post above.  Congrats OP in getting back with AMEX!

Message 4 of 10
minion27
Established Member

@FinStar thank you! I just found out my limit $800 ..I don't mind it being low since it'll grow with time Smiley Happy I'm just grateful for the approval!

Message 5 of 10
minion27
Established Member

So I called this morning and they backdated both cards to 2005!! Yay so stoked!!! This will help my AAoA a ton since most of my cards were opened in November 2013

Message 6 of 10
hot4u
Established Contributor

@minion27 wrote:
So I called this morning and they backdated both cards to 2005!! Yay so stoked!!! This will help my AAoA a ton since most of my cards were opened in November 2013

Congrats...

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 7 of 10
H4LO
Established Contributor

minion27 wrote:

On to my questions:

You can PC from Blue to BCE at any time. I did within 3 months of me owning the card. 

Just have to ask. You can PC from one non-AF card to another at will. 

Total CL - 60K // Util. ~1.6%

772 TU - 6/5 ///// 705 EX - 5/5 ///// 664 EQ - 4/29
Message 8 of 10
minion27
Established Member

@H4LO wrote:

@minion27 wrote:

On to my questions:

You can PC from Blue to BCE at any time. I did within 3 months of me owning the card. 

Just have to ask. You can PC from one non-AF card to another at will. 

Oh cool! I'll let a few months pass or maybe I'll see if I can at my 61 days.. Thanks for the info!

Message 9 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@minion27 wrote:

@FinStar thank you! I just found out my limit $800 ..I don't mind it being low since it'll grow with time Smiley Happy I'm just grateful for the approval!

Exactly, once you're in then it can only grow from here.  Treat it well indeed!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.