cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX - CAN YOU SEND CASH TO SOMEONE?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX - CAN YOU SEND CASH TO SOMEONE?

@Anonymous wrote:
I have used both TIO and Plastiq recently to meet spending bonus requirements, actual credit card transactions for sure.

Thank you sir for the input. And would the payee need to set up an account with Plastiq as well?

Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes

Just keep in mind that you can't pay mortgages with a Visa card with Plastiq, reason why I had to use TIO even with a slightly higer rate.

Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

The payee setting up a Plastiq account is optional, not mandatory. If they are registered as a "business", then that enables Plastiq to send the payments via ACH, which completes the transaction much quicker -- otherwise, a physical check is mailed.

Message 23 of 25
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes

Just keep in mind that you can't pay mortgages with a Visa card with Plastiq, reason why I had to use TIO even with a slightly higer rate.

You can if they've set themselves up as an automated payee with Plastiq.  If not, the transaction will still go through but it will show up as a cash advance.  Plastiq will warn you with a big red message before you submit if this is the case.

Visa is the only network that seems to have this problem.

Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I tried, it didn't even give me the option to proceed as cash advance, it basically told me it can not be done.  I'm also not so sure that it's a Visa problem as I was able to do it with TIO. 
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.