Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CASH BACK BONUS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX CASH BACK BONUS

AMX reniging on my Cash Back Bonus. When I went Online last Saturday to AMX website and saw the AMX BLU CASH MAGNET offer of $200 I clicked on it and filled out the application and got approved.

Yesterday I happened to be conversing with an AMX rep via chat and he inavertanley mentioned that I had a $150.00 CB bonus that I could use within 90 days, I told him I signed up for a $200 CB Bonus, he said they would have to conduct an investgation that could take 4-6 weeks.
Sounds like a bunch of Bovine Scatology to me, it's the old "Bait & Switch" routine, I am not having any of this!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: AMX CASH BACK BONUS

"Investigations" often don't go anywhere. I'm not sure what to suggest for this one, but in the future you might take screenshots (showing the offer with the date/time and your info filled in, as well as a shot of the approval screen) when applying.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did take a screenshot. Called AMX yesterday and pressed them on fixing this which they said was reversed back to the $200 bonus
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool. I got AMX to give me the full $200 reward bonus offer. They had walked it back to $150 so I complained and got the extra $50 back.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can say this much AMEX pay's out those bonus offers usually fast. I did the $2000 for 50K Delta miles not even 3 days later it was in my account. Most banks would probally make you wait weeks to months for it one reason I like AMEX lately.

Message 5 of 7
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

It was probably just an error seeing as how they just updated their website not too long ago.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.