cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CASH BACK BONUS

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

AMEX CASH BACK BONUS

AMX reniging on my Cash Back Bonus. When I went Online last Saturday to AMX website and saw the AMX BLU CASH MAGNET offer of $200 I clicked on it and filled out the application and got approved.

Yesterday I happened to be conversing with an AMX rep via chat and he inavertanley mentioned that I had a $150.00 CB bonus that I could use within 90 days, I told him I signed up for a $200 CB Bonus, he said they would have to conduct an investgation that could take 4-6 weeks.
Sounds like a bunch of Bovine Scatology to me, it's the old "Bait & Switch" routine, I am not having any of this!

Hover Cursor Over Credit Cards to See Credit Limits

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: AMX CASH BACK BONUS

"Investigations" often don't go anywhere. I'm not sure what to suggest for this one, but in the future you might take screenshots (showing the offer with the date/time and your info filled in, as well as a shot of the approval screen) when applying.

Spend: BofA PR + WWFCR, BBP, Schwab Platinum, Freedom x 2, Costco, Discover
Perks: IHG49, Hyatt75, Delta Platinum, "Old" SPG95
SD/AAoA Ballast: Arrival, CFU, DC
Upgrade/downgrade games: BCP, EDP
Mostly earning MRs and cash back as I use up hotel and airline points spread across several programs.
Message 2 of 7
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I did take a screenshot. Called AMX yesterday and pressed them on fixing this which they said was reversed back to the $200 bonus

Message 3 of 7
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Cool. I got AMX to give me the full $200 reward bonus offer. They had walked it back to $150 so I complained and got the extra $50 back.

Message 4 of 7
Highlighted
New Contributor

I can say this much AMEX pay's out those bonus offers usually fast. I did the $2000 for 50K Delta miles not even 3 days later it was in my account. Most banks would probally make you wait weeks to months for it one reason I like AMEX lately.

AMEX Delta Skymiles $1K | AMEX Hilton Honors $1K | Southwest Rapid Rewards Visa $2200K | Chase Amazon $1K | Chase Slate $500| Capital One Quicksilver $600 | Credit One $500 | Kohls $1K | Overstock $2K | IKEA Projekt $650 | Monro Drivecard $800 | Target Red Card $500 | Credit One Platinum $1500 |
| Rebuilding since Dec 2018
Message 5 of 7
Highlighted
Community Leader
Super Contributor

It was probably just an error seeing as how they just updated their website not too long ago.

Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Thanks

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.