AMEX CL increase 61 days...

tag
RushXTC
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX CL increase 61 days...

@Slab wrote:

@SnackTrader wrote:
@Slab

My card was instant approval and my account creation date was 4 days after. The methods discussed within the 3X CLI thread linked earlier have been tested. As far as I am aware, your method would not be effective in 100% of circumstances.

So, I am assuming that you are saying that I don't know what the hell I am talking about since you say that my circumstances don't meet 100% of others circumstances. I wonder what my motivation would be to try and lead this person astray. I have noticed in these forums that some of you posters with large posting numbers seem to think you have the final word in these threads. I have also noticed that many posters build up their posting numbers by posting insignificant posts such a "congrats" "+1" and other inflating posts. I don't take kindly to being called a liar and that is what you have done. Some of you over posting zealots are no more informed than some of the lesser posting members. I can only relay to the OP, my situation and gave him an accurate account of the way I handled my account. There was no reason for your post other than to act pompous and call me a liar. You might be better off with posting congrats and +1 and go to the garden rather than sticking your nose into something that didn't apply to you.

Seriously? Jesus christ... I mean, You might have been 90% correct, However he had a different experience which according to you, Would mean he had to wait 65 days before the CLI could be processed correctly. That means you're not 100% correct as he stated, He didn't call you a liar, You were just wrong in assuming your method is 100% correct.

Don't take it to the heart, Plus over that small post he made, you took it to the head and began talking about everyone with a large post... Really? Take a break.

Message 11 of 19
Slab
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Slab wrote:

@SnackTrader wrote:
@Slab

My card was instant approval and my account creation date was 4 days after. The methods discussed within the 3X CLI thread linked earlier have been tested. As far as I am aware, your method would not be effective in 100% of circumstances.

So, I am assuming that you are saying that I don't know what the hell I am talking about since you say that my circumstances don't meet 100% of others circumstances. I wonder what my motivation would be to try and lead this person astray. I have noticed in these forums that some of you posters with large posting numbers seem to think you have the final word in these threads. I have also noticed that many posters build up their posting numbers by posting insignificant posts such a "congrats" "+1" and other inflating posts. I don't take kindly to being called a liar and that is what you have done. Some of you over posting zealots are no more informed than some of the lesser posting members. I can only relay to the OP, my situation and gave him an accurate account of the way I handled my account. There was no reason for your post other than to act pompous and call me a liar. You might be better off with posting congrats and +1 rather than sticking your nose into something that didn't apply to you.

Slab - just take a deep breath.  This is just an open discussion forum - not the end of the world.  No need to take things personal or for the rude response.

Snack was simply pointing out a "best practice" from the sticky which has provided optimal results for a LOT of folks based on documented data points... that's all. 

Either way, regardless of the outcome, it's always going to boil down to YEMV - no matter what.  The best recommended step in this situation perhaps would be to let the OP know and wait it out maybe 5 days out from his planned date - this way his request is not too premature? (hopefully patience is still a virtue for some) and then proceed with the CLI?  He was already provided a link to familiarize with the process in the event his circumstances would be different from others.

No need to take a breath, I posted what I intended to post to a person that called me a liar. The 100% comment should now be adjusted to 99% since I am not in the 100%. If I was rude to snacktrader, I meant to be, he just the same as called me a liar which is rude on his part. 

Equifax FICO 781, Transunion FICO 821, Experian FICO 807,

810 goal on all three by 3-1-2015
Message 12 of 19
RushXTC
Established Contributor

"As far as I am aware"

Now you're really a liar, Because he never called you a liar, You liar.

Message 13 of 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

Please stay on course to help OP 

No harm no foul by anyoneSmiley Sad

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 14 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Message 15 of 19
Jerryf08
New Contributor

Can't you go to, "View Current APR" then "See APR History & Interest Charge Calculation". Then it should say "Transactions dated from "Firsty Day"? At least that's what I figured because I'm also nearing my 61 days.

Chase Freedom: $5000, CSP: $12800 Chase Hyatt: $5000, Amazon Visa: $500, Amex BCE: $23200, Discover IT: $3600, Walmart Disc: $7500, BOA Cash $5000, Best Buy: $3500
Message 16 of 19
Slab
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Real cute. Just like some of the other pompous jerks on this forum. 

Message 17 of 19
Slab
Frequent Contributor

@RushXTC wrote:

"As far as I am aware"

Now you're really a liar, Because he never called you a liar, You liar.

You damn twit. You are resorting to school yard antics now.

Message 18 of 19
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Cheers!   Locking the thread now that we're all accusing each other of various nefarious deeds.

Ad hominem attacks are not appropriate, nor are they acceptable on this forum.

TOS reminder: 

• Attacks, including “Flaming” another user or entity in such a way as to incite or perpetuate an argument or conflict; creating usernames to attack other users’ identities; impersonating other individuals or falsely representing one’s identity or qualifications; posts made under secondary user names or other aliases for the purpose of either endorsing or denigrating others; posts that breach any participant’s privacy by including name, address, phone, email address, or any other identifying information.

--Carebear 

        
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.