Did you mean: 

AMEX CLD TWICE!!!

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: AMEX CLD TWICE!!!

FretlessMayhem wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So again after arguing a bit more, he slipped and said that because of the credit report review and my Countrywide loan, it was in AMEX's best business interests to tighten my credit.  He said I could send them my most recent Experian report and they might reconsider.

Hi califman, welcome to the forums!

A Countrywide mortgage is known to be a trigger for AA from Amex. At least the CSR was nice enough to eventually be honest. Sorry to hear about your CLDs. 

I'm still furious about this Countrywide thing. Smiley Mad

When we refi'd seven or something years ago, it was with a different company, but it was sold to Countrywide within a month. When I called AmEx to ask them to note that we didn't go through CW, and it was a perfectly respectable mortgage, I was blandly told that they would be able to see from our reports that the mortgage had been transferred. Well, no, they can't, because it happened so quickly.

I just have a Gold Preferred Rewards card, and it's fine, but this irks the fire out of me, that they would make an assumption that we have a sub-prime loan, and that we are somehow less credit-worthy!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 21 of 22
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX CLD TWICE!!!

I agree with you Hauling. I could have very well gotten my mortgage through Countrywide. At the time, I didn't know anything about any of that. I had a subprime mortgage before I refi'd at the end of October. My subprime was through Wells Fargo. I guess for some reason that's less risky than a subprime through Countrywide.
Here we go again...
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.