GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX CLD

Definitely take this to social media.

Message 21 of 38
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@victornewman This happened to me my EX score on AMEX was showing serious delinquency even though my score did not drop I was afraid of an AA. I sent an email to the ceo and he actually responded and they issue was fixed. 

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 22 of 38
victornewman
Contributor

@babygirl1256 wrote:

Greetings @victornewman ~ On 6/18/2021, I sent you a private message with the Group President, Global CS' E-mail information. Please feel free to E-mail him and kindly advise him of the back-and-forth with his team and no resolution. I am sure he will assign it to someone on his Escalations Team . . . Hope it helps in resolving your issue. 

Thank you for the info.  I did email him and have heard nothing back unfortunately.

Message 23 of 38
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

I find it odd that they won't simply do another SP.  I'm sure there's some minor cost involved in that, but the amount of tiem they've now spent on multiple phone calls with you on the same issue has far exceeded the cost of a SP.

Hell, at this point, I'd tell them to do a hard pull right there with me on the phone and to conference in a rep from Experian.

Definitely keep us updated...  I think we all understand that weird things happen, but its how companies deal with those mistakes that make all the difference.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 24 of 38
victornewman
Contributor

@Dalmus wrote:

I find it odd that they won't simply do another SP.  I'm sure there's some minor cost involved in that, but the amount of tiem they've now spent on multiple phone calls with you on the same issue has far exceeded the cost of a SP.

Hell, at this point, I'd tell them to do a hard pull right there with me on the phone and to conference in a rep from Experian.

Definitely keep us updated...  I think we all understand that weird things happen, but its how companies deal with those mistakes that make all the difference.

I have asked them so many times to just pull my credit and that would verify everything I am telling them is correct.  The solution is truly very simple. They refuse every time.  At this point, it's so much more than just the CLD.  It's the fact that they are refusing to even investigate their own obvious mistake. 

Message 25 of 38
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@victornewman wrote:

@Dalmus wrote:

I have asked them so many times to just pull my credit and that would verify everything I am telling them is correct.  The solution is truly very simple. They refuse every time.  At this point, it's so much more than just the CLD.  It's the fact that they are refusing to even investigate their own obvious mistake. 

If AMEX has  been forwarded the complaint from the CFPB you shouldn't be surprised if AMEX doesn't contact you directly until after they have responded to the CFPB NORA ( I think that's what it is called) notice.  IIRC they normally have 30 days to respond but can request for an additional 30 days to complete their investigation before responding back to the CFPB, who will share the response with you.  You will have the opportunity to respond back. 

You might want to log in to the CFPB website and check the current status being reported of your complaint. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 26 of 38
victornewman
Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@victornewman wrote:

@Dalmus wrote:

If AMEX has  been forwarded the complaint from the CFPB you shouldn't be surprised if AMEX doesn't contact you directly until after they have responded to the CFPB NORA ( I think that's what it is called) notice.  IIRC they normally have 30 days to respond but can request for an additional 30 days to complete their investigation before responding back to the CFPB, who will share the response with you.  You will have the opportunity to respond back. 

You might want to log in to the CFPB website and check the current status being reported of your complaint. 

I checked and it just says the complaint was sent.  No response yet.  It says that most companies respond within 15 days 

Message 27 of 38
JonStur
Established Contributor

Wow!!" This is pure insanity!!! Amex usually has amazing customer service. I hope they can straighten this out!!

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 28 of 38
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

Any update OP?

Message 29 of 38
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

@victornewmanI hope everything has been resolved with Amex OP! This was such a strange mixup, I am keeping my eye close on my cards held by them.

Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.