Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI Decline question

tag
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

AMEX CLI Decline question

Question,

I have 3 CC with AMEX, if 1 of the card was Declined for a CLI, can I apply for the other 3 ? or do I need to wait another 60 Days( or is it 90 days after decline ?)  and ask for a CLI on the other card ?

Thank You 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI Decline question

I believe 90 days after decline. Ive done the same, lol, still trying to find that 180 day approved window haha, and after 1 decline, tried my other 2 but same result which leads me to believe its more a hard 90 day than just on any given card.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

All your Amex cards are treated as one account relating to CLIs therefore timeline applies to all cards, you must wait 91 days after a denial (based on profile), a denial based on asking too early does not reset the timeline.
Message 3 of 5
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

They were alll past their 60 days CLI.

So to clarify, since I got a CLI decline on my Hilton aspire, I do need to wait 90 days and I can ONLY pick one cars for a CLI.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PointsBonus wrote:
They were alll past their 60 days CLI.

So to clarify, since I got a CLI decline on my Hilton aspire, I do need to wait 90 days and I can ONLY pick one cars for a CLI.

Affirmative, and if you get an approval next time, you will need to wait 181 days till your next request.  Read through the first and the last 10 pages of this thread.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.