Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI Denied.

tag
cutemarty1
Regular Contributor

AMEX CLI Denied.

Guys.

MY Amex Hilton was approved Feb 21.  IT arrived Feb 26. I activated it Feb 26.  Today, I applied a credit line increase throught the automated system by phone.  I was denied and told that AMEX only increases credit lines after 60 days.

Was I it by a hard pull by this one?   When is the exact time to ask for the CLI and thru phone?  I don't have the CLI button on my account Smiley Sad

Thanks. More power and more credit line increases to all! Smiley Happy

My TL : Discover 45k / Venture 39k / BCE AMEX 33k / BoA123 Sig 24k / WF propel 17k/ Home Depot 16.5 K / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / Citi World WEMC 16.5k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 20K / penfed rewards visa 20k / Citi AA 16.5k / spark business 15k/ Chase ink business 15k/ delta Amex platinum 14k/ boa rewards 7k /Macy Store 5.3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / PNC 20k / AppleCard 40k/ citi premier 12.7k / chase Amazon 7k
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
drsmith
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI Denied.

I've been declined twice now

At least they initially matched my highest line at $7k 

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: EQ 820 4/11/16
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 26
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

From what I've read here, and if I remember correctly, you can request a CLI 61 days after opening.  I'd be stunned if it were a HP: you got kicked out before they even looked at your report most likely, and traditionally Amex CLI's are SP's anyway.

        
Message 3 of 26
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@cutemarty1 wrote:

Guys.

MY Amex Hilton was approved Feb 21.  IT arrived Feb 26. I activated it Feb 26.  Today, I applied a credit line increase throught the automated system by phone.  I was denied and told that AMEX only increases credit lines after 60 days.

Was I it by a hard pull by this one?   When is the exact time to ask for the CLI and thru phone?  I don't have the CLI button on my account Smiley Sad

Doubt it was a hard pull.  Amex is usually (always?) a soft for CLI requests.

I also don't think it resets your clock, so you should be good to request again in a couple days.  This I'm not so sure about though. 

As for timing, it is no CLIs in first 60 days.  So you have to wait until day 61.  I think that counts from account activation.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Message 4 of 26
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

@cutemarty1 wrote:

Guys.

ya u have nothing to worry about... You just jumped the gun a bit. Try again in a week.

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Message 5 of 26
cs91
Regular Contributor

I was talking to a CSR yesterday because I also pulled the trigger a day or so early on my Costco TU and she said I had to wait 6 months to ask again even though it was just a day early from the 60 days, but maybe she was mistaken?

Message 6 of 26
cutemarty1
Regular Contributor

@cs91 wrote:

I was talking to a CSR yesterday because I also pulled the trigger a day or so early on my Costco TU and she said I had to wait 6 months to ask again even though it was just a day early from the 60 days, but maybe she was mistaken?

OMG. Smiley Surprised

Anyway, tried reading numerous AMEX CLI threads  -- one dude also jumped the gun and called again in a few days.

Imma try to call them on April 26.... Crossing my fingers. I've been stuck with so low limits!

My TL : Discover 45k / Venture 39k / BCE AMEX 33k / BoA123 Sig 24k / WF propel 17k/ Home Depot 16.5 K / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / Citi World WEMC 16.5k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 20K / penfed rewards visa 20k / Citi AA 16.5k / spark business 15k/ Chase ink business 15k/ delta Amex platinum 14k/ boa rewards 7k /Macy Store 5.3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / PNC 20k / AppleCard 40k/ citi premier 12.7k / chase Amazon 7k
Message 7 of 26
Link2k
Valued Member

@cutemarty1 wrote:

@cs91 wrote:

OMG. Smiley Surprised

Anyway, tried reading numerous AMEX CLI threads  -- one dude also jumped the gun and called again in a few days.

Imma try to call them on April 26.... Crossing my fingers. I've been stuck with so low limits!

April 27.

61 days or you'll get the same response.

Message 8 of 26
cutemarty1
Regular Contributor

Got it.  2 more days.... 

Message 9 of 26
cutemarty1
Regular Contributor

Just did automated today.  --> CLI Denied due to high risk score. Smiley Sad So when, is the next mark(date) for CLI guys? Am so sad today.

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.