Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI Question and Sportsman Guide and Total Rewards

tag
combatmedic2107
New Contributor

AMEX CLI Question and Sportsman Guide and Total Rewards

My DW just got a increase on her Cash magnet from 3.6 k to 10k.  I received a CLI on my sportsman guide from 3.6 k to 7.2 k and my total rewards from 2k to 5k.    

My question is since she had a increase on cash magnet, can she still get a CLI on her Delta Sky Miles.    

Does AMEX do Hard pulls for prequalified cards.

Thanks,

CombatMedic2107

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI Question and Sportsman Guide and Total Rewards

For CLI purposes, AMEX considers all of your cards to be one big fat account. To increase the limit on the Delta card, she's going to have to wait 181 days after the Magnet increase.

Message 2 of 5
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Unfortunately no. One CLI per 180 days, regardless of card. Amex usually doesn’t HP existing members for new cards, but of course nothing is guaranteed. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

May be useful info: amex allows you to transfer limits around between cards.

If the delta sky has a low limit and you two are wanting to put a trip on it for the points, she should be able to transfer some/all of her cash magnet's limit to the delta sky.

Not 100% sure if that feature works with a branded card like the delta sky. Can someone else confirm?
Message 4 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

For current members , sp is a big possibility on prequaled cards. But a hard pull can happen. All profile dependant.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.