Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI further review?

tag
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

AMEX CLI further review?

I have had my BCP for more than 6 months now and just requested my 6 month CLI over the phone. I have always paid my bill on time and in full, requested 3x the limit. The rep told me I should receieve something in the mail with the decision as well as an email with a link to check the status, I have not receieved that email yet. I asked why it wasn't an instant decision and was told they don't give instant decisions, has this happened to anyone? I have never heard of this. Does this mean a decline? I've always thought CLI request decisions were instant.

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI further review?

Nah. Not always instant.  What was limit and what did you request?  Also, what does FICO, utilization, and income look like?

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 2 of 19
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

Limit is 2k, requested 6k. UTL might be high because I let my cards report balances, but UTL is really 0 because I don't leave a balance on any of my cards and pay all in full and use somewhat heavily. Income is 50k, but I have a short AAOA, around 3-4 years.

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 3 of 19
Crashem
Valued Contributor

What do you think reported utilization is?

Message 4 of 19
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

Under 10% I believe.

Message 5 of 19
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Call their CLI department: 18005768942

They may need more info from you.  Also let them know about utilization and turn it into a positive.  I just realized my reported utilization might be high, but as you can see from my credit report, I pay my balances in full every month.  Its because of this high utilization that I want to increase my CL as I can use it.

Message 6 of 19
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

Call their CLI department: 18005768942

They may need more info from you.  Also let them know about utilization and turn it into a positive.  I just realized my reported utilization might be high, but as you can see from my credit report, I pay my balances in full every month.  Its because of this high utilization that I want to increase my CL as I can use it.

Thanks. I actually just called again like 20 mins ago letting them know I haven't recieved an email and to check the status of my application, they said its still pending. I don't think I should call again..?

Message 7 of 19
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Did you call the number I listed?  That is the direct line to the CLI department.  Not sure if they are still open.  I don't remember there being any automated way to get decision if you call that department.

Message 8 of 19
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

Did you call the number I listed?  That is the direct line to the CLI department.  Not sure if they are still open.  I don't remember there being any automated way to get decision if you call that department.

Thank you, I don't want to push my luck, I'll just wait a few days then call.

Message 9 of 19
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

Well after further review my request was denied.... Whaatt?

I pay all my cards in full and on time and spend a decent amount for my income since I have no rent.. and I get denied? Forget it with amex, I'll go to using my amex almost none. Anyone have any idea why they denied me?

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.