Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI...no 3x for me

tag
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI...no 3x for me

Also, SwiftTone - Congratulations on the increase!

My 61 days is up in another month or so, and while I agree 3x is nice, I hope I get at least another 3k like you.  I have only put $200 through it so far, so we'll see.  Just be happy you have a lender that is willing to grow with you so quickly! 

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 11 of 18
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@SnackTrader wrote:

My 61 days is up in another month or so, and while I agree 3x is nice, I hope I get at least another 3k like you.  I have only put $200 through it so far, so we'll see.  Just be happy you have a lender that is willing to grow with you so quickly! 

Snack,

Out of curiosity, why haven't you put more through the card if CLI chasing, and also to offset the $75 AF?

Admittedly I haven't really tracked any useful data on people's spending patterns that received CLI's (maybe we should start collecting that in the 3X CLI thread?) but I would think chances would be improved with more than minimal spending?

SwiftTone: seriously congrats, 3X isn't guarunteed and that's a pretty sweet limit regardless.  If I can get even to 5K within the first 3 CLI chances over the next 13 months I'll be ticked pink from my current 1K card.

        
Message 12 of 18
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@SnackTrader wrote:

Snack,

Out of curiosity, why haven't you put more through the card if CLI chasing, and also to offset the $75 AF?

Admittedly I haven't really tracked any useful data on people's spending patterns that received CLI's (maybe we should start collecting that in the 3X CLI thread?) but I would think chances would be improved with more than minimal spending?

SwiftTone: seriously congrats, 3X isn't guarunteed and that's a pretty sweet limit regardless.  If I can get even to 5K within the first 3 CLI chances over the next 13 months I'll be ticked pink from my current 1K card.

Thanks for the questions, Rev - and I definitely think it's something we should track better.  My intuition is that people overspend when CLI chasing, when in fact, I don't know how necessary it is.  Especially for those lenders that already appear willing to reward their responsible customers.

Anyway, I am not really CLI chasing at all.  I will request the 61 day CLI just because I can, but I honestly don't have much need for a credit line greater than what I already have.  My current lineup is in place for one reason only - rewards.  Right now the Freedom has 5% gas, so all gas is going through that card, and all restaurants go through the Forward card, while everything that doesn't qualify for higher than 1% on the Freedom, Forward, and BCP go onto my 1.5% back Capital One.  Therefore, all that is on my BCP right now is groceries.  But, as the math can show, I can recover from the AF with just $210 in grocery spending a month (I'm at $215.76 in just 27 days).  Then, since I will be using this card for gas at an additional 1% over the BCE in the second and fourth quarters, that breakeven declines.  So I should certainly recover the AF and if the card grows at all I will be happy.  But 3x isn't needed given the $14.5k available on my other cards and my PIF nature.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Message 13 of 18
Bobert22
Contributor

@chnceit wrote:

@Bobert22 wrote:

@SwiftTone wrote:

So I've been waiting for AMEX SP for a long time. I'm wai past my 61days. Didn't want to request a CLI until they SPed me. I checked my my EX report today and it showed a SP  I never seen before from 01/05/13 which is odd because I checked almost everyday and didn't see it and that the previous most recent one from 12/05/12 dissapeared.

Anyways, I logged into my AMEX online and request $15000 from $5400. It counter offered me at $8500 Smiley Mad o well. Atleast I got something. I only put about $700 through it since I opened it back in October so it makes sense but I really wanted to get past $10k mark. Maybe next time!

How do you check Soft inquires on your experian??

and do credit lenders look at who did SPs on your credit as well?

Go to Experian.com and request for your report because of adverse action or credit denial.

what if I wasn't denied ?

Capital One 2006--$5,000 ||| AMEX Macy's 2008--$2,300 ||| Kohl's 2009-- $1,000 ||| JCP 2010-- $1,000 ||| Walmart Discover 2010-- $5,000 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,600 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,500 ||| Chase Freedom 2012--$7,500 ||| Discover IT 2013 -- $4,000
||| Chase Sapphire Preferred 2013 -- $10,000

SCORES: EQ FICO: 787, EX FAKO: 801, TU FICO: 790 (Lender Pull)
Message 14 of 18
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

@SnackTrader wrote:

@chnceit wrote:

@Bobert22 wrote:

@SwiftTone wrote:

So I've been waiting for AMEX SP for a long time. I'm wai past my 61days. Didn't want to request a CLI until they SPed me. I checked my my EX report today and it showed a SP  I never seen before from 01/05/13 which is odd because I checked almost everyday and didn't see it and that the previous most recent one from 12/05/12 dissapeared.

Anyways, I logged into my AMEX online and request $15000 from $5400. It counter offered me at $8500 Smiley Mad o well. Atleast I got something. I only put about $700 through it since I opened it back in October so it makes sense but I really wanted to get past $10k mark. Maybe next time!

Go to Experian.com and request for your report because of adverse action or credit denial.

Or just use your free report on www.annualcreditreport.com  - this is the website set up by the 3 big credit reporting agencies to provide a free copy of a credit report once a year to every person.

If you write down the report number from Experian you can see the updated report every single day for 90 days.  You just go to Experian.com, click on  "view Report again" at the very bottom of the page and enter in the report number.

Do This Instead if you don't feel comfortable with disputing or ordering due to adverse action Or denial. 

Message 15 of 18
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@SnackTrader wrote:

Thanks for the questions, Rev - and I definitely think it's something we should track better.  My intuition is that people overspend when CLI chasing, when in fact, I don't know how necessary it is.  Especially for those lenders that already appear willing to reward their responsible customers.

Well, one data point from me.  Amex gave me less than my requested CLI (after 4056T review) with two reasons:

1) In the last six months, a minimal amount has been charged to your account

2) Your account has not been opened long enough

The "minimal" amount over those six months was about $15-18K.  To me, this makes sense, you're hardly using the current CL, so why do you need a CLI

Message 16 of 18
Bobert22
Contributor

@SnackTrader wrote:

@SnackTrader wrote:

@chnceit wrote:

@Bobert22 wrote:

@SwiftTone wrote:

Or just use your free report on www.annualcreditreport.com  - this is the website set up by the 3 big credit reporting agencies to provide a free copy of a credit report once a year to every person.

If you write down the report number from Experian you can see the updated report every single day for 90 days.  You just go to Experian.com, click on  "view Report again" at the very bottom of the page and enter in the report number.

Do This Instead if you don't feel comfortable with disputing or ordering due to adverse action Or denial. 

Already got my free annual report in August of 2012. 

Capital One 2006--$5,000 ||| AMEX Macy's 2008--$2,300 ||| Kohl's 2009-- $1,000 ||| JCP 2010-- $1,000 ||| Walmart Discover 2010-- $5,000 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,600 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,500 ||| Chase Freedom 2012--$7,500 ||| Discover IT 2013 -- $4,000
||| Chase Sapphire Preferred 2013 -- $10,000

SCORES: EQ FICO: 787, EX FAKO: 801, TU FICO: 790 (Lender Pull)
Message 17 of 18
adavis425
Established Contributor

@Bobert22 wrote:

@SnackTrader wrote:

@SnackTrader wrote:

@chnceit wrote:

@Bobert22 wrote:

@SwiftTone wrote:

Already got my free annual report in August of 2012. 

There is a disclaimer on the page which says it does not update. You can continue to view the report, but it's the same report....according to them. It doesn't actually update until any disputes are settled. At least, that's been my experience.

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.