Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI

tag
Bsong
Regular Contributor

AMEX CLI

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping someone can help me out on when I can request for another CLI after being denied my 61 day CLI.

I applied for my BCE and received $2k on July 1st 2013.

Used the card 2 or 3 three times and paid it off in full. 

September 5 (more than 61 days later) I attempted the 3X CLI and was flat out denied. 

I then tried In October and was again denied. 

Ive read somewhere that once you get denied the 61 day CLI you should wait 90 days from denial to apply for another CLI. Since I attempted it in October, does that mean I will have to wait till January to try for another CLI (90 days after my October denial) or can I try for a CLI in December?

Note* I also have a Green card with Amex and tried the "will my charge be approved" and I entered in $3K and it stated approved.

I tried the same with my BCE and was denied. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI

You can try again in December. As you stated, Amex cli requests require a 90 day wait after being denied. Your October request was automatically denied because it had not been 90 days since your denial on sept. 5th. Fortunately, jumping the gun does not reset the 90 day clock so your will still be eligible on or around December 5th ( 90 days after the September denial)

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 2 of 4
Bsong
Regular Contributor

@OptimasPrime wrote:
You can try again in December. As you stated, Amex cli requests require a 90 day wait after being denied. Your October request was automatically denied because it had not been 90 days since your denial on sept. 5th. Fortunately, jumping the gun does not reset the 90 day clock so your will still be eligible on or around December 5th ( 90 days after the September denial)

Thanks for your response! I know the info is avilable on the seach function but, I couldnt figure out how to search for my own situation...

Message 3 of 4
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@Bsong wrote:

@OptimasPrime wrote:

Thanks for your response! I know the info is avilable on the seach function but, I couldnt figure out how to search for my own situation...

here's the ever useful AMEX thread:

AMEX 3X CLI Thread

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.