Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX CLI

I applied for a CLI on my Amex EDC from $4k to $5k just over a month ago and was approved.

After reading a little more into Amex CLI's i figured I probably could of pushed for a higher increase, possibly $6k-$8k.

Is there a limit on how many times I can request for a CL with Amex? When will I be able to apply again?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX CLI

Yes, after the first you have to wait 6 months. Smiley Wink  Mine's up on July 12th.  Counting the days....................

Message 2 of 4
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Like Sandibeach said, 6 months from your last CLI.

Here's what you need to do now:

For your next CLI, ask for 3X, which would be $15k. Don't ask for more, or you'll be denied with no counteroffer. 

Then 6 months from that you can ask for another 3x, which would be $45k if you got the full $15k.

Iwouldn't advise asking for $45k unless you can prove income, as you might be subject to verification. Better to ask for $25k and stay under their radar. 

Message 3 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Definitely read the 3x CLI guide. It's linked in the Helpful Threads sticky and the first Google hit for "3x cli".

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.