Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CONFUSION

tag
RHAL
Regular Contributor

AMEX CONFUSION

I was denied for Zync about 2 months ago and my scores have improved a little since then, maybe 20-30 points. I just got an RSVP pre approval in the mail for their gold card. I am confused, because I was just turned down by them for their supposed easiest approval card. Anybody else get these RSVP things? Do they give them to just anybody or only people they think qualify? I would love to join the amex fam, but I already have a lot of inquiries.

My wallet? AMEX PR Gold NPSL, AMEX HH 1k, Citi Hilton Reserve VS, CSP 9.2k, Chase Freedom 6.7k, Chase Sapphire 5.2k, USAA AMEX 2k, Cap 1 Cash 1.2k, BBRZ MC 500, Barclaycard Apple 1.5k, Barclay Ring 4.5k, Bank Americard 123 5.5k, NFCU Cash 14k

Starting Score: (9/27/10)TU:602 EQ:567
Current Score: TU:670 EQ:670 EX: 706 chase pull
Goal Score: TU:700 EQ:700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

My wallet? AMEX PR Gold, Citi Hilton Gold, Cap 1 Cash, BBRZ MC, Barclaycard Apple, Bank Americard Cash
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX CONFUSION

@RHAL wrote:

I was denied for Zync about 2 months ago and my scores have improved a little since then, maybe 20-30 points. I just got an RSVP pre approval in the mail for their gold card. I am confused, because I was just turned down by them for their supposed easiest approval card. Anybody else get these RSVP things? Do they give them to just anybody or only people they think qualify? I would love to join the amex fam, but I already have a lot of inquiries.

You can still get denied, but maybe with your score increase.

DW got RSVP for Blue Cash in December,   Denied as expected.

Message 2 of 7
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

IMO I wouldn't apply just yet, just give it some time.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 3 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Ditto to Wolf3, both DW and I got pre-approval notices in our deep dark credit days with 500 FICOs and applied and were both denied. I think they offer them based on a purchased subscriber base from somewhere. DW has been getting them again for over a year now. She applied and was again denied, but this time the name on the letters are slightly off. Then Discover started sending the same thing with the same misspelling. It's definitely not from her reports and we're opted out anyway.

Message 4 of 7
Smug
Established Contributor

Give it a year...
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 5 of 7
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

I'm still stuck on... you received an offer?  I never opted-out of anything, but never received an offer in my entire life.  Not jealous, but...  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

there are many different databases that can be purchased for direct mail (junk mail). The more indepth the parameters you purchase the more it costs.Credit bureaus even "sell" their databases and make them available for direct marketing as well.

You can purchase names and addresses by Zipcode, Age, aspects of household make up, credit score range and I remember one service that allowed us to purchase lists of people xx months from BK filing.

It would costs MUCH MUCH more to actually screen or process the names and/addresses to "weed out" the black listed or nonviable so they contineue to lump them in together as its simply much cheaper.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.