Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Centurion- Score 680?

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX Centurion- Score 680?

I personally like my poor man's Centurion.... Chase Sapphire Preferred LOL

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 21 of 37
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Wade64 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Wade64 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

Someone posted their approval with AMEX Centurion with the score of 680s (all across three CBs) on whogavemecredit,  but wow...you can get approved with those scores?  I would def. love to have one myself, but initiation fee of $7.5k + annual fee of $2.5k is pretty hefty for me. 

I think the approval criteria are much more based on wealth and spending than on credit score.   Worrying about credit scores is for the little people!

I have to disagree with that statement Smiley Frustrated    Even the so called High Rollers need a pretty good score to get credit

over the years many financial people have talked about how a lot of time the rich and famous have TERRIBLE credit... sometimes by not even there own doing becasue so many of them use money managers that don't pay things on time and what not... I don't think that is a far stretched statement AT ALL.

I mean Toni Braxton did just finalize a supposed $50 MILLION BK 7 to turn around IN THE MONTH and buy ON MORTGAGE a 3.5? Million dollar house!!!

Bethenny Frankel just last week had a credit (financial someone on the show) and she herself said she had NO CLUE what her credit score was!

But everyone is not rich and famous !!!!! To me that statement was uncalled for........Just my 2 cents

I took it as a joke and funny! (haha)

Well me and many more may have not took it that way Smiley Frustrated I could say a lot more but this debate is over

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 22 of 37
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Wade64 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Wade64 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

Someone posted their approval with AMEX Centurion with the score of 680s (all across three CBs) on whogavemecredit,  but wow...you can get approved with those scores?  I would def. love to have one myself, but initiation fee of $7.5k + annual fee of $2.5k is pretty hefty for me. 

I think the approval criteria are much more based on wealth and spending than on credit score.   Worrying about credit scores is for the little people!

I have to disagree with that statement Smiley Frustrated    Even the so called High Rollers need a pretty good score to get credit

over the years many financial people have talked about how a lot of time the rich and famous have TERRIBLE credit... sometimes by not even there own doing becasue so many of them use money managers that don't pay things on time and what not... I don't think that is a far stretched statement AT ALL.

I mean Toni Braxton did just finalize a supposed $50 MILLION BK 7 to turn around IN THE MONTH and buy ON MORTGAGE a 3.5? Million dollar house!!!

Bethenny Frankel just last week had a credit (financial someone on the show) and she herself said she had NO CLUE what her credit score was!

But everyone is not rich and famous !!!!! To me that statement was uncalled for........Just my 2 cents

OK, I was relying on some old cultural references which obviously some people are not familiar with and chose to be offended.

Leona Helmsley (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leona_Helmsley) on trial for tax evasion, it was alleged:

I said: "You must pay a lot of taxes". She said: "We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes."
          –Elizabeth Baum, former housekeeper to Helmsley (October 1983)

and my comment was a reference to that.

Message 23 of 37
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Wade64 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Wade64 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

OK, I was relying on some old cultural references which obviously some people are not familiar with and chose to be offended.

Leona Helmsley (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leona_Helmsley) on trial for tax evasion, it was alleged:

I said: "You must pay a lot of taxes". She said: "We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes."

I have a dry and inappropriate sense of humor I get from my mother... I think that is hilarious too!

If I didn't try to laugh at inappropriate things I would probably just kill myself... Our world today is F'd up when you look at our government, our finances, our everything! Got to laugh about something

Message 24 of 37
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Wade64 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Wade64 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Wade64 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

I took it as a joke and funny! (haha)

Well me and many more may have not took it that way Smiley Frustrated I could say a lot more but this debate is over

First of all:  how do you know "many more" may have not taken it that way, maybe almost everyone was like creditaddict and realized it was a joke?  Also, it's not quite right to say something like that and then declare "this debate is over".  But I will forgive your appalling rudeness (See how easy it is!)

Message 25 of 37
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Wade64 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Wade64 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

But in the long run everyone must pay taxes

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 26 of 37
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Wade64 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Well, obviously not, this is why there is tax evasion, but what is your point?

Message 27 of 37
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Wade64 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

you either pay taxes or go to jail is my point

Message 28 of 37
enharu
Super Contributor

Well there are legal ways to avoid most, of not all, of the taxes. Many people and corporations are doing it. It's just not something an average joe can do.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 29 of 37
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Wade64 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Wade64 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

you either pay taxes or go to jail is my point

OK (another option is you dont get caught).   But HOW is that relevant to anything that went before?  

Never mind.  Many people tell me that the discussion is over.

Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.