Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Charge Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Charge Cards

Yeah I was surprised he wanted the gold but he really likes it. He mainly uses it for gas pizzas and beer and has paid it in full each month without issue(so far).
Message 11 of 16
Berk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah I was surprised he wanted the gold but he really likes it. He mainly uses it for gas pizzas and beer and has paid it in full each month without issue(so far).

I don't remember any other expenses in college.

Message 12 of 16
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

If you're going to have an Amex charge, you might as well go for the PRG.  You can easily get $100 back right away in airline or Amazon gift cards, effectively making the AF $95 which is the same as the Green cards, but with better MR earning potential.  Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thom02099 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'll also add that there is no underwriting difference between the various charge cards.  The Platinum is no harder to get than the green card for example.  

^^^^^ This.  As previously noted, anecdotally the charge cards are easier to get.  I've read on other forums (over a long period of time)  where AMEX CSR's have commented (take this with a grain of saltSmiley Wink ) that there are different underwriting criteria for the charge cards vs the revolving credit cards, and that charge cards are easier to get.   But there's no difference in underwriting criteria for the charge card group of cards.

Always YMMV.  Smiley LOL

I wonder what the credit score requirements are for the charge cards, and I also wonder what AMEX weighs more heavily when making the credit decision.

Message 14 of 16
Berk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@thom02099 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'll also add that there is no underwriting difference between the various charge cards.  The Platinum is no harder to get than the green card for example.  

^^^^^ This.  As previously noted, anecdotally the charge cards are easier to get.  I've read on other forums (over a long period of time)  where AMEX CSR's have commented (take this with a grain of saltSmiley Wink ) that there are different underwriting criteria for the charge cards vs the revolving credit cards, and that charge cards are easier to get.   But there's no difference in underwriting criteria for the charge card group of cards.

Always YMMV.  Smiley LOL

I wonder what the credit score requirements are for the charge cards, and I also wonder what AMEX weighs more heavily when making the credit decision.

And those two answers are in the forums if you search for them.

Message 15 of 16
RonM21
Valued Contributor

And even then, you'll find the scores will vary.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.