Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Corporate Card inquiry?

tag
bbb925
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX Corporate Card inquiry?

The company I work for is huge and in no way do I need to worry about them not paying the bill. I was just surprised to see AMEX pull a hard when it could have easily been a soft considering it is corporate backed and I didn't apply for a personal card. It is only one inquiry, yes, but didn't seem worth it considering I have nothing to show for it on my credit. That was my issue. I spoke to a colleague and he stated that " if one does have bad credit then the company won't let you have a card or will give you a very small limit depending on your job title with the company and how much you would be using it". So all in all I came out ahead with a "no spending limit" business wise, but one ding on EX, personally. I'm over it, just wanted to see if anyone else had this experience. Thanks for the feedback!

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Corporate Card inquiry?

@bbb925 wrote:

The company I work for is huge and in no way do I need to worry about them not paying the bill. I was just surprised to see AMEX pull a hard when it could have easily been a soft considering it is corporate backed and I didn't apply for a personal card. It is only one inquiry, yes, but didn't seem worth it considering I have nothing to show for it on my credit. That was my issue. I spoke to a colleague and he stated that " if one does have bad credit then the company won't let you have a card or will give you a very small limit depending on your job title with the company and how much you would be using it". So all in all I came out ahead with a "no spending limit" business wise, but one ding on EX, personally. I'm over it, just wanted to see if anyone else had this experience. Thanks for the feedback!

That's what I'm saying. Just kinda sucky. But, it is what it is.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.