Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Credit Line re-allocatio - UPDATE from Amex

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX Credit Line re-allocation question

@Coolermaster007 wrote:
No this is not going to cost an HP.Well in my case the rep told me its not 13th statements it is 1yr and 30 days since account was 1st opened is this is true I jumped the gun by 4-5 days my 13th statement hit on feb.7 but my accounts were opened jan.19th so he said tried againg after the 19th of this month ---.---

Ya wondering if I jumped the gun a few days early?  Although one woul think the rep would of told me if this was the case, but we all know CSR's...  Will be pulling my experian report shortly to find out if a HP happened as if it did you can be dang sure I will pick up the prg at 50k if it did lol.

Message 11 of 30
mikelo22
Established Contributor

Mine was SP and instant.  It was quite a breeze surprisingly.  But I guess it's another situation of YMMV.  Hope you get it fixed in your favor.  

Message 12 of 30
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Ah bummer CC.  Well Its still up in the air.

I always thought in my mind it was 13/2 months and it was as easy to do as Chase.  I guess not!  This will be a great thread and learning experience, cant wait for the results.  I have to sit down and crunch the numbers here this summer and figure out what to do.

In the back of my mind I am hoping that they come out with some new cards...  but I am thinking with some inquiries dropping off it would not be such a bad idea to app for the EDP in hopes of a bonus, and cancel the PRG. If there is no 25k bonus I will just upgrade.  I would have to be sure to use the EDP the full 30 swipes to compensate for loss of 2x MRs at dining.  

Ya interesting indeed..  Wondering if I jumped the gun to early now i am starting to second guess when I could do it as I have chatted with them in the past about it but can't remember the exact date they said I would be eligible to do this...  Might hop on chat in a few moments to find out what date I oped my ED card as now I am very curiousSmiley Happy

Message 13 of 30
NRB525
Super Contributor

What are the limits on each of your AMEX cards now?

What set of limits are you trying to get to?

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 14 of 30
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Ok think I found the issue...  A rep that didn't know what he was doing along with me not doing my research prior to requesting it!  I am short by 2-3 days... See screen shot!   Hoping no HP fingers crossed.. Weird screen would show in progress or pending or whatever though.. Opened account 1/16/2015 according to the HP on EXP

Capture2.PNG

Message 15 of 30
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@NRB525 wrote:

Think I found out my Issue... My Ed limit was 26k my HHonors was 2k.. Was trying to move 4k from Ed to Hhonors to make it 6k.. Also have a simply cash at 19.7k.

Anyways appears I jumped the gun two days early if you see my prior post..  Wonder why they submitted it early when it is bound to be shot down..  I just didn't pay close enough attention apparently as I could of sworn I was past 13 months but appears a few days short..  Guessing it was the 13 statements that messed with my mind.

Message 16 of 30
mikelo22
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Ok think I found the issue...  A rep that didn't know what he was doing along with me not doing my research prior to requesting it!  I am short by 2-3 days... See screen shot!   Hoping no HP fingers crossed.. Weird screen would show in progress or pending or whatever though.. Opened account 1/16/2015 according to the HP on EXP

Capture2.PNG

Ah man, that is frustrating.  But to a computer, whether you're 2 days early or two months, I wouldn't think it would matter.  You'll likely need human intervention to override a rule you broke just a couple days too early.

Message 17 of 30
Coolermaster007
Contributor

This is not an YMMV thing you will not get an HP for this leave that prg card alone last thing we need is a new TL on our report lol.Anway yes people w/ credit files like us dont just get denied for things like that out nowhere I think same as me we simply jumped the gun after the 16th & 19th we should be go roll Smiley Very Happy
Message 18 of 30
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Coolermaster007 wrote:
This is not an YMMV thing you will not get an HP for this leave that prg card alone last thing we need is a new TL on our report lol.Anway yes people w/ credit files like us dont just get denied for things like that out nowhere I think same as me we simply jumped the gun after the 16th & 19th we should be go roll Smiley Very Happy

Oh I agree jumped gun early will submit it in 3 days again and should go through just fine...  PRG was only going to happen if I got hit with the HP, only then lol

Message 19 of 30
NRB525
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

Think I found out my Issue... My Ed limit was 26k my HHonors was 2k.. Was trying to move 4k from Ed to Hhonors to make it 6k.. Also have a simply cash at 19.7k.

Anyways appears I jumped the gun two days early if you see my prior post..  Wonder why they submitted it early when it is bound to be shot down..  I just didn't pay close enough attention apparently as I could of sworn I was past 13 months but appears a few days short..  Guessing it was the 13 statements that messed with my mind.

Ok, why not just 3x the Hhonors? Had that been denied earlier?

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.