cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX DOLLAR AND EURO CHARGE CARD !! ANYONE ??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX DOLLAR AND EURO CHARGE CARD !! ANYONE ??

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX DOLLAR AND EURO CHARGE CARD !! ANYONE ??

@Anonymous wrote:

does US citizen allowed to apply?

http://www.americanexpress.com/lacidc/iccsite/american_express_dollar_and_euro_card.shtml

The application indicates US citizens can apply and although issued by AmEx in the UK ithe application does accept a US address. 

Message 2 of 4
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

Hmm...I guess I would be concerned at what the benefit would be? Because you'd have to pay the bill regardless in euros...I mean, I have the 2.7% transaction fee would be advantageous because you'd probably have to pay the bank a fee, as well to send over the money or have the money converted which is probably a higher fee than 2.7% per transaction.

If you find out more let me know!

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ArisGreek wrote:

Hmm...I guess I would be concerned at what the benefit would be? Because you'd have to pay the bill regardless in euros...I mean, I have the 2.7% transaction fee would be advantageous because you'd probably have to pay the bank a fee, as well to send over the money or have the money converted which is probably a higher fee than 2.7% per transaction.

If you find out more let me know!

Exactly.

Any purchase outside of Euro would incur a foreign currency transaction fee.  Then you have to convert US$ into Euro to pay and, depending on payment methods offered, maybe a bank transaction fee to send the money.  It also looks like the AF is higher.

My experience with offshore credit cards is that they are never worth the hassle.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.