Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Double Rewards at Small Businesses

tag
MASTERNC
Frequent Contributor

AMEX Double Rewards at Small Businesses

I couldn't find another thread on this, so apologies if it's a duplicate.

I heard on the radio a promotion for "double" rewards for AMEX cardholders through year-end for purchases at small businesses.  I thought it might be limited to MR points, but when I went online, it offered it for nearly any AMEX card (including Blue, SPG, and HHonors).  Double SPG points isn't bad.  Note it won't double any category bonuses (so you'll get an extra point or percent, regardless of what you would normally get on a particular purchase).  The exception appears to be Schwab, where you appear to get an extra 1.5% (total of 3% back).

You can also enroll more than one card (it gives you the option after you go through the first enrollment).

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/content/shop-small-offer/?intlink=40154-Gemini-Homepage-Hero

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Double Rewards at Small Businesses

Thanks for sharing.  Signing my cards up now.

Message 2 of 31
driftless
Valued Contributor

Thanks. I enrolled.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 3 of 31
SkyCommander
Frequent Contributor

I wonder if it can stack with the 20%/50% extra points benefit the ED and EDP gets.

Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Amex ED | Amex Hilton | Amex Bonvoy | BoA Amtrak | CapOne Quicksilver
Message 4 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SkyCommander wrote:

I wonder if it can stack with the 20%/50% extra points benefit the ED and EDP gets.

No you can't 

"For Amex EveryDay® Card products, when we calculate the extra points available as a bonus to Amex EveryDay® Card Members, points awarded under this offer will not be included"

Message 5 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brings the cards up to 2%, but I might still stick with Double Cash due to it being easier to get the rewards out. Last I checked, Amex still requires $25 increments.
Message 6 of 31
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Yay! Thanks, OP.

Enrolled all 4 cards.

Message 7 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing !! Smiley Happy

I logged into my account and got this offer without having to click on OP's link - but found out about it through OP's post.

Anybody else find the same thing? Just curious.

Message 8 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for sharing !! Smiley Happy

I logged into my account and got this offer without having to click on OP's link - but found out about it through OP's post.

Anybody else find the same thing? Just curious.

I got the offer in my account for my charge card, I enrolled and then there was a button to enroll other cards which then I enrolled my amex revolver as well since it wasn't already offered on that account. 

Message 9 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I signed up as soon as I saw the link today! It looks like I'll become very familiar with the shop small map Amex maintains.

So far I have found that a few regional chains I frequent are considered small businesses by Amex! Yay for double MR points!

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.