Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX EVERYDAY CARD - APR REDUCTION

tag
Isacking97
Regular Contributor

AMEX EVERYDAY CARD - APR REDUCTION

Whats the lostest APR redution have you got in your amex card?

My is at 0% until April 2017, after that is 17.49%

Recomendations?

Starting Score:EX: 713 EQ: 698
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX EVERYDAY CARD - APR REDUCTION

@Isacking97 wrote:

Whats the lostest APR redution have you got in your amex card?

My is at 0% until April 2017, after that is 17.49%

Recomendations?

thats common with all amex revolvers and charge cards lately. Seems to be either 0% for 6-12 months or 6.99 for 12 months.  Its not permanent. Wish they'd go back to permanent ones.  Think I need to get over it and look at it as a positive thing esp w the rate hike. Even though I dont pay much in the forms of fees or interest, its better than nothing

Message 2 of 16
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

My perm APR is  6.74%. 

But due due to the recent increase it's now 6.99%

this is on my BCE 

Message 3 of 16
JamP
Valued Contributor

My BCE and ED were approved at 12.99.

My ED is closed but my BCE is 12.49 for 8 months and then back to 13.49

One of these days they may give me a perm reduction.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 4 of 16
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

I would talk to amex either on chat or phone and ask what offers are on your account at the time.  They don't renew the 0% like Disco will but, there's usually something available that will save a couple of % points if you carry a balance.  Once my 0% was up I chatted with them online and dropped 3% off for 12 months.  The likelyhood of a permanent reduction though is slim to none.

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

My perm APR is  6.74%. 

this is on my BCE 

Whoa what? Can you tell us some of the steps you took to get it so low please ?

TYVM!?

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

My perm APR is  6.74%. 

this is on my BCE 

Whoa what? Can you tell us some of the steps you took to get it so low please ?

TYVM!?

Lots of folks had luck with apr reductions earlier this year. I got my 17 or 19% delta down to 12 then 10 then 8.49 in 2 months around march or april!!!!  I would LOVE to have this apr on my SPG card and would move some credit to the card if that were the case!!!

Message 7 of 16
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Amex used to be known for fairly easily reducing the APR permanently; in recent times, seems they have tightened up on it somewhat and tend to offer promo reductions only.

Even a 7% APR permanent won't beat a 0% promo assuming you can pay the expense off within the promo, so really, the promo is better financially for most situations. The low APR may feel satisfying, but 0% for any length of time is really best if you actually need to finance a purchase. If not, the APR doesn't matter anyway.

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whenever I see APR related threads, while it isn't the answer the OP is looking for I always feel the need to step in and suggest that they work on getting to a point where APR is irrelevant.  Easier said than done for some and I can understand if one is carrying a decent amount of debt (that they can't just pay off) that an APR reduction could be beneficial.  I'm speaking more to those that have the ability to PIF every month but for whatever reason don't and sort of submit to paying monthly interest for whatever reason.  Just throwing in my 2 cents here that I always recommend that anyone do their best to become a Transactor and PIF ever month, thus making APR worries a thing of the past.  I honestly couldn't tell you the APR on any of my cards right now as I've never looked or even cared to know.

Message 9 of 16
wmweeza
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Whenever I see APR related threads, while it isn't the answer the OP is looking for I always feel the need to step in and suggest that they work on getting to a point where APR is irrelevant.  Easier said than done for some and I can understand if one is carrying a decent amount of debt (that they can't just pay off) that an APR reduction could be beneficial.  I'm speaking more to those that have the ability to PIF every month but for whatever reason don't and sort of submit to paying monthly interest for whatever reason.  Just throwing in my 2 cents here that I always recommend that anyone do their best to become a Transactor and PIF ever month, thus making APR worries a thing of the past.  I honestly couldn't tell you the APR on any of my cards right now as I've never looked or even cared to know.

I agree! I have never carried a balance except on my BofA card, andthat was for a few weeks. I hate paying extra just to use my own money so APR is irrelevant to me. I have savings for an emergency, I'm sure someday I'll carry a balance though, like the month we move into our next home. I see no point in paying more, so I only charge what I can afford to buy

Last App 10/14. FICO's: AMEX Ex 846, BarclayTU08 815.FAKOs:CreditKarma 775,CS score 771.BofA 5400,Target $5000,Barnes $8500,Amex $22k
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.