cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX FAMILY- Just curious, how much do YOU put through your AMEX cards per month?

tag
Cranston
Established Member

Re: AMEX FAMILY- Just curious, how much do YOU put through your AMEX cards per month?

Blue cash - we average $4.5K spending personal per month. We (DW and I)  put everything we can on it.

Message 11 of 21
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX FAMILY- Just curious, how much do YOU put through your AMEX cards per month?

For business, I charge around 10k per month.

On my personal card, I charge about 2k per month.

Message 12 of 21
JRomulus
Regular Contributor

$7000/month on PR Gold.

Half work half personal.  Use it for everything but Wal-Mart.  No more forgetting the cable or cell bill, so many fewer bills to pay each month.

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems I don't have the kind of money some ppl have around here, but I've had my AmEx Blue Cash 1 month and have run 800 thru it and PIF 1 week before the due date.

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Gold:  $300 - $6,000 a month

AMEX Optima:  ~ $300 a month

Message 15 of 21
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

$7-$10k/mo on the Green with half for business and half personal.

Message 16 of 21
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

ZYNC - $5 per months. Yes $5 because it is not my main card. Only get ZYNC so I have a better chance of getting AMEX BCE at Jan 2012.

Message 17 of 21
daylove
Regular Contributor

it is not really how much you use it but where you use it..do not use amex at low cost retailers like Walmart, etc. Amex keeps track of that and for them is a sign you are in trouble financially and they will close your account or lower your limit. 

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why would Amex punish someone for shopping at WalMart when they feature the WalMart logo on their site?  I've used Amex at WalMart since I've gotten it without any trouble.

Message 19 of 21
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Why would Amex punish someone for shopping at WalMart when they feature the WalMart logo on their site?  I've used Amex at WalMart since I've gotten it without any trouble.

+1.  I use the card everywhere it is accepted.  I don't buy any of the rumors that Amex doesn't want you to use your card at places like Walmart, McDonald's, etc.  It makes no sense.  They earn money for every transaction. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.