Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX FR after having my Zync for 2 Weeks

tag
android01
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX FR after having my Zync for 2 Weeks

@joeyh2007 wrote:

My big question is.....do they only look at 1040 income?

1099 income is reported on Schedule C which is either reported on, or attached to your 1040.

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 11 of 62
mokong
Regular Contributor

good luck to you..if i were you i'd rather let them close my account just to play safe.

Message 12 of 62
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

I hope he reports back their findings.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 13 of 62
sjt
Senior Contributor

@joeyh2007 wrote:

If you saw my original post, I got a Zync card and just got the dreaded call from the FR department. To this point in time, I have only spend $900 which I was planning to pay off in 3 days isn't due until the 12th. 

I'm really nervous because I'm a freelancer, and as all freelancers, have a unique situation.

Most of my clients pay cash which I deposit in a bank for proof of income. Also, I work for about 100 different clients, so the clients that pay over $700/yr send me a 1099.

My total income that I have to report to the IRS is $4,000, but my TRUE income is $60,000. 

So, will AMEX be able to look at my situation rationally and use my bank statements as proof of income combined with my tax forms. I ask this because I read that they only look at tax records, but I feel that they should look at any money you bring in as money that can be used to pay the card bill.

So would anybody pleease give me some constructive tips so I may pass this FR. I start the process tomorrow (monday) morning.

Thanks.

What did Amex actually request from you?

I was in a similar situation. What I did was pay the balance, and in addition to the IRS 4056-T authorization, I sent in copies of my bank statements, and a cover letter explaining my situation. Example:

I am a consultant currently with X amount fo clients and my 2012 YTD income is $xxx and I project my income will be $xx for 2012.

I have attached copies of mybank statement for reference and review.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 14 of 62
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

@mokong wrote:

good luck to you..if i were you i'd rather let them close my account just to play safe.

I'll have to agree. As others have said, you could have a bigger issue with the IRS if you are lying about your income or not reporting all of it.

I had a FR with Amex around the same time as you last year. Had a few days before paying my first Amex balance and they contacted me. I had to submit my paystubs for the last 3 months. I was "on call" in which I didn't work full time (40 hours a week)  in those previous 3 months, but when I did be app for my zync I put the max income I would make if I were to work full time. I explained all this to them and they were understanding, they knew I wasn't lying by looking at my hourly on my paystubs plus x amount of tips and get a ball park of how much I was able to make. They ended up giving me a hard limit and it still stands today a year later which is sad because I have PIF all my cards and on time within the last year. Good thing is the limit they gave me is still pretty good so I'm not complaining to much.

Anyway good luck! Let us know how it turns out.

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 15 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

FR are not really a big deal.  And if you find yourself needing to use the card while under FR, you can call the CSR assigned to your files to temporarily release the hold on your account. 

Message 16 of 62
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

FR are not really a big deal.  And if you find yourself needing to use the card while under FR, you can call the CSR assigned to your files to temporarily release the hold on your account. 

It is when your tax transcript doesn't come close to your stated income and your additional sources of income are essentially unreported income.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 17 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Crashem wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It is when your tax transcript doesn't come close to your stated income and your additional sources of income are essentially unreported income.

Oh. Well  telling a lie always come back to hunt people. 

Message 18 of 62
bribro
Valued Contributor

Subscribed for updates. I sure hope you're reporting the full $60k on your taxes, because I think this FR may open a can of worms for you if that's not the case.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 19 of 62
shtws
New Contributor

sorry, what does FR mean?

Message 20 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.