Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Finacial Review

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Finacial Review

Yes I realize that Amex does not have a lot of fans lately.  I think it is more a result of their actions than the cardholders as evidenced by the huge writedown they just reported.  This is from their cardholder base BEFORE they decided to go after the near and subprime borrower with the Delta.

That being said, I am more concerned about the comments leveled against the board.  I have not seen evidence of the issues the PP states unless of course its the Amex bashing he takes offense at but this exists as far as Amex is concerned on every board out there.  I don't even have a problem sending docs if they ask for them beforehand.  It just strikes me as odd that a CCC would issue these cards and the profle would be so shaky that within just a matter of months they threaten to close the accounts without proof of the docs they should have requested from the beginning based on the profile.  JMHO.
Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

On the subject if anyone cares; I have my SO  on my second most important AmEx account. As an AU on that gold account my SO runs ninety percent of all charges on that account. I can't think of a reason in the world why that would be a problem.
Maybe four months history is just not enough time for AmEx , I don't know. I just know that I read a lot of stuff here that happens to others and not to me or anyone that I know . BTW, I have started asking people out in the real world and no one knows of all the FR STUFF.  Maybe it is just the pack you run with , I don't know.

I just wanted to touch on this about people in the real world as you put it. I think everyone on here lives in the Real World. I think the people you might be asking in the real world may not feel comfortable telling you their personal business and the people on here are telling it like it is! Plain and simple FR's happen and not just to the people on here!
Message 22 of 28
notmyname
Regular Contributor

Again, it must be the pack. I can't find any evidence in my personal real world experience, and I do know who and who not to ask.

Also this is not my thread; it was poor Bill's , who got run off by all this emotional nonsense about FRs. Anyone have any ideas for him in case he checks back?

RP
Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

notmyname wrote:
Again, it must be the pack. I can't find any evidence in my personal real world experience, and I do know who and who not to ask.

Also this is not my thread; it was poor Bill's , who got run off by all this emotional nonsense about FRs. Anyone have any ideas for him in case he checks back?

RP

Got a quick minute to post this and I thought it was important.

Yo come here and accuse everyone else of running bill off.....

In your statement, you basically said that you do the same thing he OP stated and that was not why people get F/R'd and suggested that maybe the OP should quit lyng and admit responsibility.  Yes, that is the way it read.  Not only that but you cast disparagements on every board member who has gone through this and are unhappy about it.

You accused the board of having an agenda but it appears to me that the problem may just be that the agenda is different than your own.

Nothing in your response to the OP gave any solutions or any answers so I'm not sure what made that post more valuable than any preious posts.

JMHO.

Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

notmyname

I agree with Brammy. You come on here talking about what should be said, and you have yet to contribute anything that the OP originally said; you told what happened to you. So technically you contributed some emotional non-sense yourself.

If you go back and READ the posts, someone had something to contribute to at least one thing that was asked. What thread have you went to and ONE person answered all questions in one post? If everybody knew the answer to everything, no one would be on here. If you haven't noticed, on these forums, you give something you get something. How many times have you went on a thread and asked the OP something that had something to do with a situation that you are experiencing and wanted to know something about it, but didn't answer the OP's original question? You do it to get information and contribute towards the situation. Everyone comes on here to GET INFORMATION!! To my knowledge that is how most forums go. You want all the answers CALL AMEX!!

I also agree that the OP was rude. He/she come on here one day, haven't contributed anything and is mad when someone ask a question or state an opinion that they are experiencing as well, especially when those questions that the OP asked has been answered before. That is what the little search thing is for at the top of the page to the left. DO A SEARCH!!!

Notmyname, if you feel like the OP's answers were still unanswered, why don't you answer them, so far you have yet to do so. Basically, you did everything everyone else that you are mad at did.

Since, when have you app'd for a card and they asked you who do you hang with? That's what you call contributing?
Message 25 of 28
rred4
Regular Contributor

Come on , Play nice and think positive because we are all we have

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 750(EQ) 746(TU)
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 26 of 28
notmyname
Regular Contributor

Bram writes :
Got a quick minute to post this and I thought it was important.

Yo come here and accuse everyone else of running bill off.....

In your statement, you basically said that you do the same thing he OP stated and that was not why people get F/R'd and suggested that maybe the OP should quit lyng and admit responsibility.  Yes, that is the way it read.  Not only that but you cast disparagements on every board member who has gone through this and are unhappy about it.

You accused the board of having an agenda but it appears to me that the problem may just be that the agenda is different than your own.

Nothing in your response to the OP gave any solutions or any answers so I'm not sure what made that post more valuable than any preious posts.

JMHO.

I read a lot of opinions on here and today I learn that only some are welcome. I understand that, even though I have read some really mean spirited posts. Go figure.
If you weren't so hot under the collar you would have noticed, I did not use a QUOTE  on my post. I suppose this is why you could not read what was meant for Bill and what was general.

My only contribution to Bill was to hopefully have him understand that having an AU as a predominant user did not seem to matter to AmEx. As to the three questions about fico, almost nothing was written until after my post. I choose not to write about things of which I consider my knowledge marginal at best

Yes , there were two posts that offered some positive direction but the rest of the thread fell apart and had no relevance. I believe that Bill's abandonment proves I was correct. I'm not well versed in offering much help as I suppose one must have problems from which to learn . I have been lucky in that respect.

Your last post directed at me does nothing but support the speculation that I have made that there are different rules for different people here. I haven't posted much in the time I have been here but I don't have to at all.

So sorry to have rubbed so many so raw.

RP

Message 27 of 28
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

notmyname wrote:

I read a lot of opinions on here and today I learn that only some are welcome.

Ah Ha - now the forums are really growing up!  We have got to the paranoia and conspiracy theory stage.  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.