Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Flagged for FR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Flagged for FR

@Anonymous wrote:
Pat Robertson blow up doll? WTH?? What do members of the 800 Club get???

Tammie Fay Baker ;-)
Message 71 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Tammie Fay Baker ;-)

oh, you coudn't have asked for a better set up and oooh!
Message 72 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know if the Delta gets as much F/R as the other cards. I have heard a lot of people talk about converting and then getting the F/R on their blue.
Message 73 of 96
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

It might be more a case that those who qualify for the Delta as their initial card are more vulnerable to an FR, regardless of which card they wind up with.

My take on it is that American Express expanded their range of consumers that they will open the door to (lower scores, more derogs, etc.), but they're still not comfortable with this group. So they watch these people almost obsessively, and the slightest quirk in the new cardholders reports sends AmEx into full panic mode.

Sometimes you can point to something the consumers did, but a lot of times it seems completely wacko.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 74 of 96
MattH
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Tammie Fay Baker ;-)

I was in grad school at Duke while Jim Bakker was being evaluated at a nearby State Hospital to determine whether his mental health was fit to stand trial, so Tammie Fay stayed in the area. One afternoon a fellow grad student was shopping at K-Mart when she heard somebody say, "Tammy Fay is in Cosmetics" so went to look and sure enough there was Tammy Fay with her quarter inch of makeup! She went from there to the Harlequin Romances.
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 75 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL, that's hilarious.
Message 76 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have an opinion on this? I received my Delta Amex and registered for their online services and everything but the annual fee ($55) is not listed on my balance. Even it it was listed I am not allowed to make a payment until the first statement cuts.

So does anyone think I should snail mail them the $55 so that when my first statement cuts it will be a $0 balance (instead of a $55 balance)? Can I do that? Or should I even worry about it? Thanks.

Oh, and it is a pretty card by the way...heh heh heh
Message 77 of 96
bugg03
Established Member

I read most of the responses and I dont know if anyone said it or not, but it seems to me that you got flagged for paying a bill with a credit card.

I could understand  a conservative company setting up a trigger to notify them of new users who pay other bills with their card, it could be a sign of someone who may be starting to struggle.
Message 78 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jubeyy wrote:
Does anyone have an opinion on this? I received my Delta Amex and registered for their online services and everything but the annual fee ($55) is not listed on my balance. Even it it was listed I am not allowed to make a payment until the first statement cuts.

So does anyone think I should snail mail them the $55 so that when my first statement cuts it will be a $0 balance (instead of a $55 balance)? Can I do that? Or should I even worry about it? Thanks.

Oh, and it is a pretty card by the way...heh heh heh

you're fee is likely waived the first year. gold delta right? call and confirm, but i'm sure the gold delta is still fee free for the first year.
Message 79 of 96
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@bugg03 wrote:
I read most of the responses and I dont know if anyone said it or not, but it seems to me that you got flagged for paying a bill with a credit card.
I could understand a conservative company setting up a trigger to notify them of new users who pay other bills with their card, it could be a sign of someone who may be starting to struggle.

I pay all my bills online with a credit card. I use my cc at the supermarket to buy soda pretzels and milk for 8 bucks. I never use cash. What does Amex care about that? That's just insane.
Message 80 of 96
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.