cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX GREEN.....GOT A RESPONSE ......

tag
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX GREEN.....GOT A RESPONSE ......

Remember to PC it to a BCE or a BCP soon as possible, my dad has the Delta Skymiles card and it's DAMN horrible. If you read the reviews on it, it's completely accurate.

Points are worth about 1.1 penny / mile, rewards are impossible to redeem for the advertised miles cost. You can book 331 days in advanced but people still can't get a ticket to Hawaii have to pay 2-3 times just to secure anything.

You do NOT want this card, just use it collect bonus points and let it rot occassionally buying lunch imo. Then redeem every 10,000 points for $100 and switch to a BCE or BCP soon as humanly possible. Only good thing about the card is if you pay for tickets out of pocket the priority boarding and free first checked bag for upto 9 people on the same trip purchased by your card. (you must be present)

Although if you don't have a rewards card this can be fine and use it as a 1% cash back card.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 21 of 49
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

Remember to PC it to a BCE or a BCP soon as possible, my dad has the Delta Skymiles card and it's DAMN horrible. If you read the reviews on it, it's completely accurate.

Points are worth about 1.1 penny / mile, rewards are impossible to redeem for the advertised miles cost. You can book 331 days in advanced but people still can't get a ticket to Hawaii have to pay 2-3 times just to secure anything.

You do NOT want this card, just use it collect bonus points and let it rot occassionally buying lunch imo. Then redeem every 10,000 points for $100 and switch to a BCE or BCP soon as humanly possible. Only good thing about the card is if you pay for tickets out of pocket the priority boarding and free first checked bag for upto 9 people on the same trip purchased by your card. (you must be present)

Although if you don't have a rewards card this can be fine and use it as a 1% cash back card.

how son can i do a pc.....i just got approved for both......suggestions...i just went for this because it had easier  underwriting......

Message 22 of 49
distantarray
Established Contributor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

how son can i do a pc.....i just got approved for both......suggestions...i just went for this because it had easier  underwriting......

you can PC after few months, BCE and BCP are notariously harder to get. Average approval rating is above 720+ score but my dad's account is at about 4-5 months and they gave him that option so that's good. I got a BCP my family shares but it was the only option, I would use it for a few months atleast, turn the bonus miles into cash credit use that up and request a PC.

Message 23 of 49
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

how soon can i do a pc.....i just got approved for both......suggestions...i just went for this because it had easier  underwriting......

Message 24 of 49
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

you can PC after few months, BCE and BCP are notariously harder to get. Average approval rating is above 720+ score but my dad's account is at about 4-5 months and they gave him that option so that's good. I got a BCP my family shares but it was the only option, I would use it for a few months atleast, turn the bonus miles into cash credit use that up and request a PC.

I will do that.......thats the card i wanted....bcp...ill try next year

Message 25 of 49
distantarray
Established Contributor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

you could do what my dad did requested the 61 day triple increase, then after a month or two ask if there's anything you can change it to, it's better for them to present you the offer imo Smiley Wink   This way you'll get a better bonus on the BCP / BCE with $100 or $150 spending $1,000 minimum bonus as 30k miles are worth $300 lol  I would try in about 3-4 months. If you don't have another rewards card just use this one mainly just to make it look like you deserve an upgrade.

Message 26 of 49
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

you could do what my dad did requested the 61 day triple increase, then after a month or two ask if there's anything you can change it to, it's better for them to present you the offer imo Smiley Wink   This way you'll get a better bonus on the BCP / BCE with $100 or $150 spending $1,000 minimum bonus as 30k miles are worth $300 lol  I would try in about 3-4 months. If you don't have another rewards card just use this one mainly just to make it look like you deserve an upgrade.

Thanks for  the advice......i will try for it after 4 to 5 months...thanks for advice Distantarray......thanks to this site....i have come a long way in my credit journey even with a bk reporting.....

WHO would of thunk it .....I  owe in a big way to the goods friends on this site....distant,LS.....thanks

Message 27 of 49
LS2982
Mega Contributor

That is so awesome dude.....CONGRATS!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 28 of 49
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

Congrats on finally getting in with Amex, and 2 of them, no less! You've been wanting this for a LONG time.  Smiley Happy

Way to go!  Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 29 of 49
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@TNTransplant wrote:

Congrats on finally getting in with Amex, and 2 of them, no less! You've been wanting this for a LONG time.  Smiley Happy

Way to go!  Smiley Very Happy

Thanks TNT......i know its been a long road....could have never done it without this forum.......Smiley Very Happy

Message 30 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.