Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Gold Card Pre Screening offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Gold Card Pre Screening offer

ok thanks for the advice.

We will stick with the AMEX and see what happens but nothing else!

Our next inquiry will be for an auto loan in the new year and hopefully our utilization will be down from about 50% to 10%!

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I just received a "You've been selected" letter in the mail - all nice & gold cover for the AMEX Gold card. It stated that i can get an answere in les then 60 seconds by going on to the web and sign up.  Is this basically the same offer that your wife recieved? I use to have this card many years ago, but screwed up my credit and am now just reaching a respectable FICO score of 699.  I only have a few cards I'm maintaining, but am reluctant to buy into this one with a $125 yr fee and an extra $25 for a spouse if needed.  Any thoughts?  Yes it may seem prestigious to have one and I don't have limits on the other cards that are over 2K or more, but who can really afford to make a $2k or more payment in full.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've gotten a few of these "selected" offers as well, but they always make me wonder if they are legit pre-approvals so that I at least know I have a chance of approval. Anyone know if they soft your credit reports before sending these?

Usually pre-approvals mention the opting-out website if you want to stop recieving pre-approvals, but I've noticed these AMEX ones don't say that.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah pretty sure they soft for pre-approvals.  Try looking at your TU report.  I have softs from them from, I'm assuming, a Coporate Card I had a few years back.  Also, not sure if this works but you can check for pre-approvals on their website with the Address and last 4 of your social.  I did that in hopes that they'll continue to soft until hopefully that precious pre-approval comes.  I'm about two months away from a sparkling clean CR.

Message 14 of 17
Mace
Valued Member

Did you end up getting the Amex Gold? Did they give you a different card?
2007 - All Scores low 500's
06 DEC 2010 - EQ 696: TU (FAKO) 720: EX (FAKO) 730 (650 pulled by GMAC)
3/10 BBRZMC $100, 9/12 $700, 01/18 $1500; 9/10 USAA Plat. MC $3000; 12/10 Barclaycard (iTunes) Visa $2500 now $4200, 12/17 $3200; 12/10 Citi Forward Visa $5000, 6/11 $6200 (closed); 12/10 AMEX Zync; 4/11 BofA CR Sig Visa $5000, 3/17 $7700; 9/12 AMEX Hilton HHonors Surpass $1000; 9/12 Discover IT $1000, 9/17 $3800; 10/17 NFCU GoRewards $4100; 08/17 TR Visa $1000
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm curious as well because I also got an AMEX Gold Offer in the mail and was wondering if I should respond. 

Message 16 of 17
OnWayUpinTexas
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm curious as well because I also got an AMEX Gold Offer in the mail and was wondering if I should respond. 

I did too ... "The Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express with no annual fee for the first year.  (Offer to apply expires December 27, 2010.)"

This comes less than a month after my approval for the Amex Zync card.

Curious if anyone has taken the leap on this offer and been successful?

Starting Score: 542 (in 2006)
Current Score: 661 (TU FICO), 677 (EQ FICO), 672 (EX FICO)
Goal Score: 750+
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.