cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Gold/Platinum Pre Qualify Solid??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Gold/Platinum Pre Qualify Solid??

Thanks for the responses from @Remedios @FinStar 

I ordered something off eBay ( Looking back in hindsight this is totally my fault ) that was not as described. I ordered an exspensive watch and it was a fake. So I immediately notified eBay opened a case and they ruled in favor of the seller. My last option was an Amex dispute which I always hate doing any dispute but they sided with the merchant/eBay/seller which was very weird. I had proof the watch was fake because I got a certificate from a local jewelry store. Long store short I paid off all Amex cards and after they were all at $0 called and closed all accounts. Hope this helps. 

Message 11 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

You mentioned you had a bad experience with AmEx, what in specific would you say soured the relationship, was it something procedural or policy related or...?  -- just something to keep in mind if you're willing to re-establish the relationship and avoid any past headaches.

Copy kitty! 

Excited.gif

Message 12 of 19
Remedios
Credit Mentor

And your cards were older than a year when you closed them? 

Message 13 of 19
jdbkiang
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the responses from @Remedios @FinStar 

I ordered something off eBay ( Looking back in hindsight this is totally my fault ) that was not as described. I ordered an exspensive watch and it was a fake. So I immediately notified eBay opened a case and they ruled in favor of the seller. My last option was an Amex dispute which I always hate doing any dispute but they sided with the merchant/eBay/seller which was very weird. I had proof the watch was fake because I got a certificate from a local jewelry store. Long store short I paid off all Amex cards and after they were all at $0 called and closed all accounts. Hope this helps. 

That's very unfortunate, and I would definitely have fought hard for that. But then again, I'm also the type of guy to keep reopening a dispute for 6 months to hold the card companies accountable in doing what they advertised (fraud protection). 

If you're not going Chase for 5/24 purposes, then I'd definitely take the prequals. Had a relative recently get 175K MR from the Gold/Plat offers as a new to Amex special offer. 

[2/2019]
Message 14 of 19
scfc1972
Valued Member

They've been good for me.

Capital One - Secured Platinum $500
Capital One - Quicksilver $8000
Wells Fargo - Active Cash $2500
American Express - Blue Cash Everyday $26000
American Express - Hilton Honors $2000
Apple Card $6500
American Express - Gold NPSL
Amazon Store Card $10000
Citi - Double Cash $6200
American Express - Blue Business Plus - $2000
American Express - Amazon Business - $3000
American Express - Platinum NPSL
Capital One Auto Loan - 17,740 48 months @ 2.99% (refi)
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios 

Yes they were around 2-4 years old depending on the card with no late history or bad util issues. Always pics in full. I wonder if they will remember the dispute because I fought them tooth and nail. Still lost in the end but battled them for months. 

Message 16 of 19
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I'm not sure if a dispute would cause future issues.

My opinion, it's (usually) a single pull, and you aren't swimming in inquiries or new accounts.

Seems like there aren't any pre-existing issues that would carry over, so if you've found a card that would be beneficial to you, go for it. 

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for responding. 

I got approved for the Gold with the 75K points and the Cash Magnet Preferred with 15K starting limit. 

thanks again. 

Message 18 of 19
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous Congrats on your approval.

This thread is now closed for additional messages, feel free to start an approval thread if you wish to do so. 

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.