Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Gold still worth it?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Gold still worth it?

Just with anything, it really depends on need. I picked up the Gold for all the 4x categories it currently has. It will more than offset the AF for me, as will a lot of the enrollable offers that AMEX has. I've been wanting the Gold specifically so I can finally dump my Cap1 cards. That'll save me $78 in AFs as well. I plan to stick to just two cards, the Disco It and the Gold for basically everything except for needs of my store cards. The phone protection, dining credits and return protections and etc were also very important benefits. I just won't need much more than what these two offer.
Message 71 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great to know. This works for e gift cards I assume also?

Do I need to wait for the card to arrive to do it, or can I do it when they give me the account number? I assume its best to wait till it arrives to make sure I actually get the credit?

Message 72 of 73
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Great to know. This works for e gift cards I assume also?

Do I need to wait for the card to arrive to do it, or can I do it when they give me the account number? I assume its best to wait till it arrives to make sure I actually get the credit?

If you’re talking about the airline credits you can do it whenever. Just make sure you read on FT for the proper way to do it. 

AA giftcards may be working again. Stay tuned 

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 73 of 73
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.