Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Green Card Approved?!?!

tag
jrodzmc09
Contributor

AMEX Green Card Approved?!?!

Just wanted to welcome myself into the AMEX family! Smiley Very Happy Woohoo! LOL! I had just applied for the AMEX Gold Card in late December, but was sadly denied through EX. So yesterday out of boredom I applied for a AMEX Green Card and got the Further Review response. I automatically assumed it was going to be knocked back down to declined, so I give them a call this morning and had a talk with this nice gentlemen, who was very helpful I might add. He mentions I have a FA on my TU and I was like huh? Thought they would only pull from EX.. So I answered a few questions, talked to my bank on three-way to verify my address was the same address I was using to apply with AMEX. After he congratulated me and told me I was approved for the Green Card and welcomed me to the AMEX family. Felt good, not gonna lie. Anyways so I remind him that I had also applied for the AMEX Delta Skymiles CC, and that I was declined for that. He was confused and said I don't know why they would decline you for that CC, it is easier to get than the Green Card. He then when on to say that I was denied because I have either a foreclosure, bankrupcy, delinquent student loan, or etc. Which I do, I have a foreclosure set of home loans that are due to be removed this December after 6yrs. Went ahead and recon with AMEX and they updated the app status to "in progress" see how that comes through. BTW. Got approved for my Amex Green Card with about a 670 score. I Amex turning soft now?

USAA PLATINUM MC: $9.5k | CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED: $5k | NFCU FLAGSHIP REWARDS: $5k | USAA VFW REWARDS: $4k | BARCLAYS FINANCING VISA: $2.3k | CHASE AMAZON REWARDS: $2k | DISCOVER IT: $1k | AMEX BCP: $1K | PAYPAL SC: $1.3k | MACYS: $1.2k | EXPRESS: $600 | NFCU LOC: $2.5k | NFCU AUTO LOAN: $21k
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: AMEX Green Card Approved?!?!

@jrodzmc09 wrote:

Just wanted to welcome myself into the AMEX family! Smiley Very Happy Woohoo! LOL! I had just applied for the AMEX Gold Card in late December, but was sadly denied through EX. So yesterday out of boredom I applied for a AMEX Green Card and got the Further Review response. I automatically assumed it was going to be knocked back down to declined, so I give them a call this morning and had a talk with this nice gentlemen, who was very helpful I might add. He mentions I have a FA on my TU and I was like huh? Thought they would only pull from EX.. So I answered a few questions, talked to my bank on three-way to verify my address was the same address I was using to apply with AMEX. After he congratulated me and told me I was approved for the Green Card and welcomed me to the AMEX family. Felt good, not gonna lie. Anyways so I remind him that I had also applied for the AMEX Delta Skymiles CC, and that I was declined for that. He was confused and said I don't know why they would decline you for that CC, it is easier to get than the Green Card. He then when on to say that I was denied because I have either a foreclosure, bankrupcy, delinquent student loan, or etc. Which I do, I have a foreclosure set of home loans that are due to be removed this December after 6yrs. Went ahead and recon with AMEX and they updated the app status to "in progress" see how that comes through. BTW. Got approved for my Amex Green Card with about a 670 score. I Amex turning soft now?

Congrats. 

Im confused, the Delta SkyMiles is easier to get but the declined you and approved you for the Green?

Message 2 of 11
jrodzmc09
Contributor

Yes! LOL! Sorry, my writting skills are not quite where I'd like them to be. Smiley Sad It just did not make any sense to the CSR at AMEX, he was as confused as I was. They pulled my TU for the Green and they pulled my EQ for the Delta Skymiles. EQ has a higher score at 674. Both TU and EQ have the very old foreclosed home loan as a baddie. Check my EX and apparently they did a pull on it too, but did not mention it was taken into consideration when making a decision for credit. Weird?

USAA PLATINUM MC: $9.5k | CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED: $5k | NFCU FLAGSHIP REWARDS: $5k | USAA VFW REWARDS: $4k | BARCLAYS FINANCING VISA: $2.3k | CHASE AMAZON REWARDS: $2k | DISCOVER IT: $1k | AMEX BCP: $1K | PAYPAL SC: $1.3k | MACYS: $1.2k | EXPRESS: $600 | NFCU LOC: $2.5k | NFCU AUTO LOAN: $21k
Message 3 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 11
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval!
Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 5 of 11
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval.....Did you check out the AMEX status website? I had a very similar thing happen to me. I was denied the Delta card, 5 minutes later app'd for the Green card and was then approved for Both cards.

*8/10/13
Message 6 of 11
jrodzmc09
Contributor

@dodfire wrote:

Congrats on the approval.....Did you check out the AMEX status website? I had a very similar thing happen to me. I was denied the Delta card, 5 minutes later app'd for the Green card and was then approved for Both cards.

Thanks.. Off topic... How did you get your signature with the credit cards and all. LOL! Pretty sure this is not the first time you get asked, but can you PM me the tips and tricks. Thanks

Message 7 of 11
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@jrodzmc09 wrote:

@dodfire wrote:

Thanks.. Off topic... How did you get your signature with the credit cards and all. LOL! Pretty sure this is not the first time you get asked, but can you PM me the tips and tricks. Thanks

@jrodzmc09 wrote:

@dodfire wrote:

Cut and paste!

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 8 of 11
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

The Delta card is a credit card, AMEX Green is a charge card.  Credit cards are harder to get approved for then Charge cards are.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 9 of 11
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations, and welcome to the Amex family!!! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.