Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Green PC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Green PC

OK, I'm going to get on and apply for the PRG AMEX.

One quick question, should I go ahead and apply for another AMEX card while I'm on there, so I only get dinged with the one HP.

I assume AMEX is still doing the 2 for 1?

I plan on closing my BofA Alaska Airlines Visa Sig. So by adding two cards I should only have an AAOA hit of 1 additional card.  I also want to maintain my credit availability.

If this is a good idea, if so what card?  Preferably no annual fee.

Also if a credit card for the 2nd card, does AMEX still doing the 3X CLI?

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

3x CLI they still do
only app for another amex if you need it, not just because you may get a 2 for 1
the 2 for 1 isn't a gurantee. YMMV

app at your own risk
Message 12 of 13
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

OK, I'm going to get on and apply for the PRG AMEX.

One quick question, should I go ahead and apply for another AMEX card while I'm on there, so I only get dinged with the one HP.

I assume AMEX is still doing the 2 for 1?

Usually if you apply for a charge and a revolver the same day you'll only see one HP.  It's not guaranteed, though, and if the second application goes to manual review there is usually a second HP a few days later (which you can't contest).  YMMV, but the chances are generally good (it worked for me, and many others on here).

@Anonymous wrote:

I plan on closing my BofA Alaska Airlines Visa Sig. So by adding two cards I should only have an AAOA hit of 1 additional card. 

Unfortunately (or fortunately?), AAoA isn't calculated like that.  Your BoA Alaska Airlines will continue to be included in your AAoA calculation for up to 10 years.  Similarly, if you are approved for two new Amex accounts, even if you only get one HP each account will impact your AAoA individually.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.