cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Green Reporting Question *Punch and Pie Inside*

tag
sledge187

AMEX Green Reporting Question *Punch and Pie Inside*

I received an Alert from My Fico that says Transunion is reporting a Flexible Spending Account. It does not state the name of the company. Would this be the AMEX Green card? I openend it in June but the alert says July and it is reporting an $800 limit. I thought the Green card would not report a limit? Should I call Transuion in the morning?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Green Reporting Question *Punch and Pie Inside*

@sledge187 wrote:

I received an Alert from My Fico that says Transunion is reporting a Flexible Spending Account. It does not state the name of the company. Would this be the AMEX Green card? I openend it in June but the alert says July and it is reporting an $800 limit. I thought the Green card would not report a limit? Should I call Transuion in the morning?

Nope. Now where's my punch and pie?

Message 2 of 3
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: AMEX Green Reporting Question *Punch and Pie Inside*

@sledge187 wrote:

Thanks for the punch and pie!  I just love bourbon pecan...

The 'Flexible Spending Account' is usually a Visa Signature or a World Mastercard, they report that way since (theoretically) you can go over the 'revolving' credit line with the blessing of the bank.  I say 'theoretically' since it's strictly up to the issuer, and YMMV when it comes to actually trying this in real-life... I've read some folks on here report giving the credit card company a call for a 'heads up' and having no problem, but it's certainly not guaranteed.

Historically, Amex charge cards (Green, Gold/PRG, and Platinum) reported as 'Open' accounts, but lately I've noticed on my own reports my Green just reports as 'credit', depending on the source.  Either way, it shouldn't be reporting as "FSA" (flexible spending account) and it for sure shouldn't reflect a credit limit.

Hope this helps!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.