Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Green & FICO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Green & FICO

So happy to have gotten in the door with AMEX. I received my AMEX Green and BCE card today. I have one question. As a charge card how does AMEX Green report on my credit. In addition, is it a good or bad thing? I just wanna know how to use it effectively to get the best boost I can with its use. I understand credit card utilization but i also understand AMEX green does not count towards that.

Does AMEX report to all three bureaus as well?

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Green & FICO

It reports that you owe money to American Express but since you have no "limit" you can't divide by 0.  Pay your balance in full though! Otherwise you will be locked out of AMEX again. 

Message 2 of 7
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

On your credit report it will show the highest you've charged on the card in a month. When I was house shopping, everyone would remark on the $10k+ that was shown. They found it to be favorable in their eyes.

Message 3 of 7
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

Welcome to the AMEX Family, may I recommend on reading the 61 Day CLI first. As for as the Green Card is concerned it shows as PIF monthly so it actually does not effect your scores one way or another. Now your BCE will, I recommend :

Use your BCE and pay it off weekly if you can, if you cannot max it out and 2 days before the statement end date pay off $465 and carry a $35 balance every statement end date.

Green card is tricky, they want to see your spending and pay back habits but they don't want to give you the "invisible" limit. I battle with them for the first 6 months,and I mean I called them once a month, My question to them was "If you want me to show you my Spending power and my pay back power, how can I do that and make it grow if you declined my charges at $1000 !!" so than they gave me another $1000, than i paid off the $2000, than they gave me $3000, paid of $3000....etc etc. 6 months later no more "your reaching your limit" email and when i checked my spending power it was at $12,000 !!.

Hope this helps.

AMEX WILL GROW WITH YOU QUICK JUST TAKE GOOD CARE OF THEM

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I had a Green card, I literally just used it as I normally would. If I had a charge of $500 or more I would use the check spending power button on the app or online platform. While it isn't a guarantee, it worked every time for me.

To this day, I have never been declined for a transaction by AMEX Smiley Happy

*runs to the closest source and knocks on wood*

Message 5 of 7
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

I normally spend about $6-7 at one month $12,000 on my Green Card.  So they kind of looked at me very closely the first few months....I did not gradually grow....I spent $1200 in two days....got an email.lol

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait, wait....$6 - $7 a month on a charge card?! Smiley LOL Did you not like it anymore after you got it and was just trying to keep it active? LOL

@PointsBonus wrote:

I normally spend about $6-7 at one month $12,000 on my Green Card.  So they kind of looked at me very closely the first few months....I did not gradually grow....I spent $1200 in two days....got an email.lol

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.