Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Green code uber eats as 3x?

tag
elixerin
Established Contributor

AMEX Green code uber eats as 3x?

if anyone could share insight on above would be much appreciated, also wondering if other delivery carriers might be included in 3x as i know its 3x on all travel, or rides in general etc.. thanks
10 REPLIES 10
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX Green code uber eats as 3x?

You should be able to (at least I can) buy Uber Cash for 5% off ($100 credit for $95 purchase price) through the Uber app, then use the Uber Cash towards either rides or Eats orders.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 2 of 11
elixerin
Established Contributor

since that one is also a either or as well, you think that would code as 3x?

thanks for input
Message 3 of 11
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@elixerin wrote:
since that one is also a either or as well, you think that would code as 3x?

thanks for input

I got 3x with CSR on Cash, rides, and Eats...all coded as "travel"...but I don't have a Green.

In the other thread where you asked this very recently, you also expressed an interest in redeeming MRs via Schwab at 1.25 cpp. It sounds like you're not trying to be a wizard with MRs and get 4, 7, 10 cents per point or whatever crazy value with premium airfare redemptions.

So what I want to emphasize is that if you spend a significant amount on Eats, you should be focused on getting the best card for Uber Cash reloads (or finding some way to buy gift cards at a discount) and not worry about how Eats codes. Saving 5% cash (or more through some other route) will help you more than potentially earning an extra 1x or 2x MRs.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 4 of 11
elixerin
Established Contributor

i have a vanilla plat now, i was trying to justify a downgrade to the cheapest AF card while retaining tradeline so that i can pick up the schwab and not have two Plat cards

i will be looking for those 5-10 CPP values for sure, its really for business/first class fliers and im someone who doesn’t mind economy/“premium” economy as they put it this is more so if after the research i put in to that route of redemption doesn’t pan out, i have a fall back 1.25 CPP cash deposit
Message 5 of 11
Batsamandrobin
Regular Contributor

Can’t confirm, but I’d imagine Uber Eats would get 3x on the Green under the dining category. I have the gold and all delivery services earn 4x, so imagine Green would be the same in terms of what counts and what doesn’t
Message 6 of 11
elixerin
Established Contributor

game changer, you’re confirming GOLD food delivery is included with 4x? no way.. i thought that was just dine-in only charges and supermarkets Smiley Surprised
Message 7 of 11
CaptJOB
Regular Contributor

Gold does include at least GrubHub/Seamless as dining but UberEats codes as travel and only earns 1 point per dollar. Never tested DoorDash but I’d guess it should earn the dining bonus
Message 8 of 11
elixerin
Established Contributor

thanks for the input, can confirm uber eats is only 1x on Vanilla Platinum :l
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

32EF42D9-AB1B-4004-A003-870579929F92.jpeg

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.