Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX HELP! Balance question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX HELP! Balance question

OFF topic, but does the forum restart the clock every year?

I just 'ranked up' from valued member to new contributor...wth?

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

member=!contributor.

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I made first payment two weeks ago, still can't process another one in this cycle.

@Anonymous wrote:
In my experience you will be able to pay again in a few days, until Amex probably sees that your bank account won’t bounce on them. You’ll be able to pay multiple times a month after the first billing cycle. I remember I charged my card before I even got it, and paid it of within the next day. Then still kept using it and couldn’t make payments till about 10 days after and now i can pay multiple times a month.

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

ahh. ok.

@Anonymous wrote:

member=!contributor.

Message 14 of 19
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

OFF topic, but does the forum restart the clock every year?

I just 'ranked up' from valued member to new contributor...wth?

You ranked up; here's the chart:  https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/Community-Ranks/m-p/3888542#M256

As for your question, just give Amex a call and a CSR will be happy to process the payment for you.  As others have already stated next month it won't be a problem.

Message 15 of 19
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

This card won't likely report until its second statement. That gives you a reprieve if your balance this month is higher than you'd like.

Message 16 of 19
CBartowski
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All,

I'm a brand new AMEX user, and my closing is today; I made a payment before the cycle closed, but I still have a small balance showing. I logged on today to pay it, and I'm not being allowed to pay "No balance due on this account at this time" pops up in a window.

I know that I have a balance, and I want to pay it so that I can maintiain my AZEO status.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I just became a new AMEX member as well and for your first statement you can only make 1 payment any subsequent statements you can make as many as you'd like.

Why this is a thing I do not know. It might be worth while to give them a call and see what they can do.

Just call and ask them to take your money, who knew that would be difficult for a company Smiley Happy.

CARDS:
AMEX CS Plat | NSL -- Chase Freedom Flex | $19,000
AMEX Gold | NSL -- Citi Double Cash | $10,000
AMEX HH NAF | $1,000 -- Uber Visa | $5,000
CSR | $29,000 -- USAA Plat | $8,000
USAA AMEX | $23,000 -- MB Boundless | $11,900 -- CFU | $3,600 -- PenFed Pathfinder | $10,000 -- MS Plat | NSL

BANKS:
NFCU | USAA | PenFed | Schwab Bank | First Bank | Chase
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

The limitation of 1 payment for 30 days is for adding a new payment account, not for being a new Amex member, although in many case they're one in the same. Later on if and when you add another payment account, the same restriction will apply again. That said, like already mentioned by other posters, you can either call in and ask the CSR to process additional payments or you can push additional payments from the payment account.
Message 18 of 19
jdbkiang
Established Contributor

@CBartowski wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All,

I'm a brand new AMEX user, and my closing is today; I made a payment before the cycle closed, but I still have a small balance showing. I logged on today to pay it, and I'm not being allowed to pay "No balance due on this account at this time" pops up in a window.

I know that I have a balance, and I want to pay it so that I can maintiain my AZEO status.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I just became a new AMEX member as well and for your first statement you can only make 1 payment any subsequent statements you can make as many as you'd like.

Why this is a thing I do not know. It might be worth while to give them a call and see what they can do.

Just call and ask them to take your money, who knew that would be difficult for a company Smiley Happy.

It was like that with Citi as well, as my first payment cycle it took them a while to push multiple payments through. It might also be the same with Chase, but I don't know, since I have a checking account with them also. 

[2/2019]
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.