Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX HELP!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX HELP!!!!

I would like to get my credit score increased. It fluctuates up and down. I currently have a high to low credit ratio. I know that's part of my issue. But my goal is to get into the AMEX level type of credit. Once I receive an AMEX, I would feel much better. What are the best ways to receive an AMEX. My credit overall is at 600 right now. I know I have to get it in the 700's. But I also know, what state you currently reside in can affect your ability to receive it. Help me please. Bad Credit sucks!!!!!!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
DI
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX HELP!!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

I would like to get my credit score increased. It fluctuates up and down. I currently have a high to low credit ratio. I know that's part of my issue. But my goal is to get into the AMEX level type of credit. Once I receive an AMEX, I would feel much better. What are the best ways to receive an AMEX. My credit overall is at 600 right now. I know I have to get it in the 700's. But I also know, what state you currently reside in can affect your ability to receive it. Help me please. Bad Credit sucks!!!!!!

That's news to me.  Maybe I've  had luck because me and AMEX are neighbors.  LOL.    What state one lives in has nothing to do with the approval process.    Do you have any baddies in your credit reports?  If not, even with your 600s you stand a chance for a charge account. 

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I live within the NYC area. NY is so big on Credit, if your credit isn't atleast a 750, nobody wants to hear you. But if I lived in NC, where you don't have to have great credit, I might have gotten approved. I was using NC as an example. I just know in other areas, credit isn't as big as in NYC.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well I live within the NYC area. NY is so big on Credit, if your credit isn't atleast a 750, nobody wants to hear you. But if I lived in NC, where you don't have to have great credit, I might have gotten approved. I was using NC as an example. I just know in other areas, credit isn't as big as in NYC.

Very interesting.  Same as DI ... this is new to me.

Message 4 of 13
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

NC is BOA territory.   BOA  have easy approvals.   Residence in NC are one of the states with high credit card debt. 

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

So basically because they are in such a high debt, the approval is a greater chance...????

Message 6 of 13
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So basically because they are in such a high debt, the approval is a greater chance...????

No, BOA is part of the reason why NC have high credit card debt.  They've been good to thier neighbors apparently. 

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

. But if I lived in NC, where you don't have to have great credit, I might have gotten approved.

I live in NC and have a TU and EQ Ficos of 786 and 778 and was declined for the AmEx Clear (the reason was "The length of time you have been a customer with American Express is too short" but still, A person who lives in NC needs good or great credit to be approved for Major Credit Cards/Auto Loans/Mortgages etc......

Thats kinda funny you would say people who live in NC can get credit easier than someone who lives in another state.

Bad Credit is Bad Credit, no matter where you live.

Message 8 of 13
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I have never read anywhere, or seen any evidence stating that where you live has anything to do with who approves you & for how much.

Pretty much, It all comes down to what you look like on paper.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BungalowMo wrote:

I have never read anywhere, or seen any evidence stating that where you live has anything to do with who approves you & for how much.

Pretty much, It all comes down to what you look like on paper.

THIS

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.