Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX, I hate you!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX, I hate you!!!!!

@mongstradamus wrote:

At least you got that nice offer , people like me who are already amex customers won't even get a offer over 25k probably haha. 

Some get none.

Message 11 of 16
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

At least you got that nice offer , people like me who are already amex customers won't even get a offer over 25k probably haha. 

Some get none.

I techically none also , but i can get public offer of 25 k at least if i ever wanted that card :-) I think EDP is an better fit for me though so i went with that card. I can use my CSP for travel i think its still 3x since i was grandfathered in, I still don't understand why PRG has an FTF. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

Some get none.

I techically none also , but i can get public offer of 25 k at least if i ever wanted that card :-) I think EDP is an better fit for me though so i went with that card. I can use my CSP for travel i think its still 3x since i was grandfathered in, I still don't understand why PRG has an FTF. 

To make up for the extra rewards of course, AND the 15k bonus with 30k spend.

Oh wait, they're scrapping that second one. Smiley LOL

Message 13 of 16
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I agree with you mongrstradamus.  Amex's priority is getting new customers and I believe they still view themselves as the holy grail of credit cards, so they don't even bother considering individual circumstances like OP (better offer shows up days later).  I do also see the business case for not doing that though, so I guess you can say they're consistent.

Message 14 of 16
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:

I agree with you mongrstradamus.  Amex's priority is getting new customers and I believe they still view themselves as the holy grail of credit cards, so they don't even bother considering individual circumstances like OP (better offer shows up days later).  I do also see the business case for not doing that though, so I guess you can say they're consistent.

initially i was annoyed at this but i think all companies do it so that is what makes it annoying that churning is not allowed with their cards anymore. If they don't care to keep customers they should let people switch companies easily. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
A month ago, I received 50,000 MR / $5000 spent offer for Gold. Of course, I jumped on it.

Last Saturday, what do I see in my store. 75,000 MR / $5000 spent offer for Gold.

25,000 extra point if I had waited 3 weeks.

That's messed up....Thanks for sharing.Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.