Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX IS ANNOYING ME!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX IS ANNOYING ME!

American Express which i have a Platinum Charge Card, Delta Reserve, and New Premier Card is making me send in address verification when i applied for a Blue Card, ALL MY CRAs report my address i provided on the application and have lived here for 20+ years also DO THEY NOT REALIZE I HAVE HAD THE PRIOR ACCOUNTS WHICH ARE SENT TO MY ADDRESS FOR 10-5 Years now! What annoys the most is they initially asked for utility bill, bank statement, etc. I SENT A BANK STATEMENT and just received now they want a letter from my banker on official letter head??? IS THIS NOT JUST ANNOYING BUT BIZARRE?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX IS ANNOYING ME!

Anyone heard of this?

Message 2 of 6
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Years ago, I had to send in letters from my accountant and my lawyer on letterhead.  That was for a new account, but I did not have an existing relationship with them at the time.

After I got that card, their inquisitiveness into my business got to be a bit too much for me, so I dropped them.  (And while I was at it, I also dropped a girlfriend who wanted to know where I was and what I was doing every single minute of the day...)

HENA210, have you spoken to a CSR at Amex about this, or are you just responding to possibly automated form letters?   And have you checked your credit reports recently for any changed address issues?

This does seem somewhat bizarre...

(BTW, welcome to the forums!)

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes its been thru the New Accounts Department.....no change of address....check my reports as does my accountant religiously...should i just take the ding on the report and not get it...i dont really need it...or might that set off a flag knowing they FR for anything

Message 4 of 6
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

I think that's a personal choice that only you can make.

I would want to know why they are having trouble verifying an address they've been sending your bills to for years...that'd be my question. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah that's annoying but I guess they wanted to protect consumer information from identity theft. They are doing they part to verify that you are the person who's applying for credit and not someone else in your name...

But it shouldn't be that hassles, really!!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.