Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Limited Edition Rose Gold Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Limited Edition Rose Gold Card

Hello!

Would anyone happen to know if AMEX is considering re-releasing this limited edition rose gold card in the future? I'm not sure what the average FICO scores need to be to acquire the card but I'm unable to improve mine to what AMEX would want in time for the January deadline. But I would have loved to have had an opportunity to get this card in the future. 

Thank you!

21 REPLIES 21
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX Limited Edition Rose Gold Card

Easy, just spraypaint it Rose Gold LOL

Message 2 of 22
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello!

Would anyone happen to know if AMEX is considering re-releasing this limited edition rose gold card in the future? I'm not sure what the average FICO scores need to be to acquire the card but I'm unable to improve mine to what AMEX would want in time for the January deadline. But I would have loved to have had an opportunity to get this card in the future. 

Thank you!

Hi OP and welcome to the Forum!  

Who knows what Amex will do with the Rose Gold version of this card.  One could wish that it would stay around since it seems to be very popular...at least by MyFico consensus.  It could have also been a clever marketing ploy by Amex to get those who wanted the Rose Gold to sign up sooner rather than later by saying that the "limited edition" was only going to be around for a specific period of time.

Another question that could be asked is what happens to those who have the Rose Gold edition now that maybe loses their card, have it stolen, or just need to have it replaced due to wear and tear?  Will those be replaced with Rose Gold or with the regular Gold?  What happens in a few years when the Rose Gold card has to be replaced due to expiration?

Who knows what Amex has up their sleeve...

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, those are fair points indeed. Do you have an idea what the ballpark score range is needed to get the card? I know the overall credit profile is also taken into consideration, but I am curious about the score part at least.

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is your fico score? You would be surprised how low the score can be and still get Amex gold.

And don't worry about rose gold. As long it attracts people, I bet they will make more available, rose gold, blood gold, moonlight gold, grass gold.
Message 5 of 22
Eagered2succeed
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, those are fair points indeed. Do you have an idea what the ballpark score range is needed to get the card? I know the overall credit profile is also taken into consideration, but I am curious about the score part at least.

Best way is to check out amex pre-approvals. They are usually quite solid if nothing has changed on your credit file. 

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/?eep=25330

Message 6 of 22
Creditdreamer
Established Contributor

In reference to the point of replacement, I was told by two Amex reps that once you choose the rose gold, if the card ever needs to be replaced or anything, it will be replaced as rose gold. But that if you want to change to the rose gold from the gold, you won't be able to. So it could go either way.

Starting: EQ 498 TU 501 EX 485 (9/23/11)
As of 5/12: EQ 552 TU 591 EX 572
Credit Repair Journey Bump in the Road
As of 10/15: EQ 511 TU 588 EX 601
Discover TU Fico- 12/31/18: 694; CK EQ- 1/16/19: 634
Goal: All 3 above 700

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for hijacking OP, but I have a similar question.

Has anyone have any luck requesting CS for the rose gold card after the offer expired? Is Amex CS known to be lenient with new customer asking for thing like this? I want the rose gold card but don't want to have negative mark on my account overjust the look.

Message 8 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

AFAIK, the option is no longer available for new Gold Card applications. Even if approved, it would default to the non-Rose Gold version, so it's doubtful they can order that version if the system doesn't have the flexibility, product-wise.

You can reach out to AmEx and see what they say.
Message 9 of 22
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Bummer cause I was going to....

jk...going back to my corner now 

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.