Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX MSD Strangeness

tag
ficobgtx
Regular Contributor

AMEX MSD Strangeness

So my wife got a BCP back in January, and added me as an ACM. Once I got the card, I saw when I logged into the website that they had my MSD as 1998. The BCP I got had  14 as the MSD, but I didn't care that much about what the card said. I then felt safe to app for SPG knowing they would backdate to 1998.  I got my SPG, and the MSD was 14 on the card. I SM'ed amex asking about the MSD specifically on the SPG, and they wrote back saying they would send me a replacement card. A few days later, they overnighted a new card - the BCP (not the card I specifically referenced in my SM) with an updated MSD of 98. Ok, I'm fine with that, but still wanted my SPG with an updated date. So I SM'ed again putting the last 5 digits of the card so they would make sure to get the right one. They replied back saying a replacement card is on the way. 

Toady when hen I login to the website, it is showing a MSD of 14 - in the past it has always showed 98. I don't really care about the website or the numbers on the cards, really just what is reporting and affecting my AAoA. Should I wait to see how it is reported or call and ask them what is up? Any advice?

Thanks

TU - 850 (BOA TU08 FICO/Barclay TU08), 831 (CK FAKO)
EQ - 870 (CITI FICO), 848 (ATFCU FICO), 831 (CK FAKO)
EX - 841 (AMEX FICO)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
phonic
Contributor

Re: AMEX MSD Strangeness

They seem to be having issues recently with MSD. My wife and I both ran into this issue when being added as AUs. I called and got the MSD on the card fixed, but as of today (one month later), our CRs are still reporting the 2013 dates instead of 2010.

I'm going to call them today and see if I can get it straightened out. Hopefully I get a CSR who understands what I'm talking about.

Limits: PRG=NPSL, CSP=$16k, BCP=$30k, DIT=$15k, USAA=$6k, CDW=$12.5k, IHG=$9k, BBY=$2k, BOA=$13k
Message 2 of 7
phonic
Contributor

Just got off the phone with Amex.

The first CSR didn't know what I was talking about. The supervisor did, but said she had no control over the reporting.

She said that I needed to get the account numbers off the CRs and contact the department that handles these issues directly. They need the CR account numbers Amex reports, not the real Amex account number.

In case anyone needs it, the number is 800-874-2717 and they are open M-F 9-530 ET.

She also said it may take 2-3 months to update the CRs, so I may just wait until then so not to rock the boat.

Limits: PRG=NPSL, CSP=$16k, BCP=$30k, DIT=$15k, USAA=$6k, CDW=$12.5k, IHG=$9k, BBY=$2k, BOA=$13k
Message 3 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@phonic wrote:

Just got off the phone with Amex.

The first CSR didn't know what I was talking about. The supervisor did, but said she had no control over the reporting.

She said that I needed to get the account numbers off the CRs and contact the department that handles these issues directly. They need the CR account numbers Amex reports, not the real Amex account number.

In case anyone needs it, the number is 800-874-2717 and they are open M-F 9-530 ET.

She also said it may take 2-3 months to update the CRs, so I may just wait until then so not to rock the boat.

The SPG should backdate on your CR's to 98 but the BCP will stay 2014.   

Message 4 of 7
ficobgtx
Regular Contributor

Thanks Lexie - that is what I expected (expect). I just don't know what has changed in the last 24 hours that changed my MSD on their website to 14 instead of the 98 that has been showing for the past month when I got the BSP and setup online access. They were the ones to put 98. I didn't even know what year I had the card from. 

EX - 841 (AMEX FICO)
Message 5 of 7
ficobgtx
Regular Contributor

So when I got my "reissued" SPG card - it still had 14 as the MSD. So the new card they sent out was exactly the same as the old original one sent a few weeks ago.

So today I chatted online with an Amex rep. - and she assured me that she would fix the issue and that this was the last time I would have to deal with Amex regarding this. Liked her confidence. Within a few hours, the website updated to "CARD MEMBER SINCE 1998", and I got an email confirmation that the replacement card is being shipped out. Looking good so far.

I'm still waiting to see how it reports to to the CBs as this is the only thing I really care about... I just pulled experian, and it is still not reporting. I apped on Feb 7th, and got the card/activated on the 13th... guess it just takes a little time.

EX - 841 (AMEX FICO)
Message 6 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@ficobgtx wrote:

So when I got my "reissued" SPG card - it still had 14 as the MSD. So the new card they sent out was exactly the same as the old original one sent a few weeks ago.

So today I chatted online with an Amex rep. - and she assured me that she would fix the issue and that this was the last time I would have to deal with Amex regarding this. Liked her confidence. Within a few hours, the website updated to "CARD MEMBER SINCE 1998", and I got an email confirmation that the replacement card is being shipped out. Looking good so far.

I'm still waiting to see how it reports to to the CBs as this is the only thing I really care about... I just pulled experian, and it is still not reporting. I apped on Feb 7th, and got the card/activated on the 13th... guess it just takes a little time.

Keep us posted. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.