Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Marriott cards add 10x earning

tag
NRB525
Super Contributor

AMEX Marriott cards add 10x earning

TPG notes AMEX Marriott cards now have offers for 10x points on gas, dining, and Marriott stays, through Oct 31. 

You activate three Offers to the card, to boost earning in each category. Limit is 7,500 spend across all three categories but it's a pretty good offer. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: AMEX Marriott cards add 10x earning

I see the offers on my Brilliant - 4 bonus pts/$ for hotels, 8 bonus pts/$ for gas, 7 bonus pts/$ for restaurants 

The phrasing isn't $7500 across all 3 offers, it's $7500 for each offer.  

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 14
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

As a side note, I miss my SPG card.  Smiley Sad

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 3 of 14
Physh1
Frequent Contributor

I got them...verbage indicated $7500 per category...

Message 4 of 14
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I miss SPG too @coldfusion  Smiley Sad

Thanks for sharing OP

I glanced over that same email offer.  Thanks for the details

Message 5 of 14
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@coldfusion wrote:

As a side note, I miss my SPG card.  Smiley Sad

I miss earning SPG and spending Marriott.  7.5 to 8% back on the upper end of 5 digits of spending added up.  Smiley Sad

I got all 3 offers on my Brilliant card as well.  Guess I'll be moving restaurant spend away from Gold and gas spend (all $30-60 a month of it) away from CSR for the next 12 weeks.  Really wish the offers were good through the end of the year rather than Halloween, though.  My hotel spend isn't likely to be much.

Message 6 of 14
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Not sure if you were a part of it before @K-in-Boston but....I too got that email about the new Marriott/Restaurant/Credit Card register program where you get points for using any credit card, anywhere as long as you register it and it's at their partner restaurants.  I thought okay, I'll use this...and registered all the cards I use for dining out in my rotation right now...incidentally....those cards were ALSO registered in a similar programming with American Airlines...their "Advantage Dining" program and as the Marriott program registered....I got "sorry you removed your card from "Advantage Dining" emails immediately after. Apparently...and perhaps I didn't read the fine print...but I am guessing the program is managed by the same 3rd party provider and you can't have a card registered in both programs...I had no idea.  

Message 7 of 14
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@cashorcharge wrote:

Not sure if you were a part of it before @K-in-Boston but....I too got that email about the new Marriott/Restaurant/Credit Card register program where you get points for using any credit card, anywhere as long as you register it and it's at their partner restaurants.  I thought okay, I'll use this...and registered all the cards I use for dining out in my rotation right now...incidentally....those cards were ALSO registered in a similar programming with American Airlines...their "Advantage Dining" program and as the Marriott program registered....I got "sorry you removed your card from "Advantage Dining" emails immediately after. Apparently...and perhaps I didn't read the fine print...but I am guessing the program is managed by the same 3rd party provider and you can't have a card registered in both programs...I had no idea.  

Yes, almost every major dining rewards program is done by Rewards Network and each card can only be used in one program at any given time.  The Marriott program isn't really that new (I want to say it was introduced back before the SPG merger was final), but they've been advertising it a lot more lately.  I started using Rewards Network with Southwest then changed it to Delta a few years back, and with VIP status I was earning 5 SkyMiles per dollar.  When Rakuten launched theirs, I switched it over because 5 MRs are more flexible than 5 SkyMiles (and I can always transfer MRs to SkyMiles 1:1).

Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 3.03.15 PM.png

Amex, Chase, BOA, etc. offers with the same restaurants of course stack, and sometimes there are other things that will stack as well like Groupon+.

Message 8 of 14
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thanks!  I hadn't heard about the Marriott program until this week.  I don't recall if I ever got the notification from SPG years ago.

Thanks for sharing!!!

Message 9 of 14
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@cashorcharge wrote:

Thanks!  I hadn't heard about the Marriott program until this week.  I don't recall if I ever got the notification from SPG years ago.

Thanks for sharing!!!

I had to go back and look.  My first email about Eat Around Town was from last October, but I know Marriott had a dining program earlier (maybe it was short-lived and didn't pan out, like their shopping portal).  I don't recall Starwood actually having a dining rewards program.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.