cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Membership Rewards is offering a 35% Transfer Bonus to British Airways Avios

tag
Alcibiades
Contributor

AMEX Membership Rewards is offering a 35% Transfer Bonus to British Airways Avios

For those of you with Membership Rewards eligible cards, there is a 35% bonus for transfering points over to British Airways that runs until June 7. So if you transfer 20,000 points, you get 27,000, which is enough to cover a flight from JFK to SFO in economy (which is 25,000 points). A round trip flight from JFK to MIA costs 15,000 Avios in economy.

This is a good time for people that accumulated ZYNC points to transfer their accounts over to a Green, PRG or Platinum. This makes your points full Membership Rewards points, which can be then transferred over to airlines. I have now taken advantage of 25% and now 35% bonuses - many of those points were earned on the ZYNC...

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX Membership Rewards is offering a 35% Transfer Bonus to British Airways Avios

It is indeed a good offer but I won't suggest it. AMEX runs this same transfer bonus to Avios for 50% to 100% bonus in fall. They offered 100% bonus in 2011 and 2012 fall.

Message 2 of 4
Alcibiades
Contributor

Re: AMEX Membership Rewards is offering a 35% Transfer Bonus to British Airways Avios

@ibmrad7 wrote:

It is indeed a good offer but I won't suggest it. AMEX runs this same transfer bonus to Avios for 50% to 100% bonus in fall. They offered 100% bonus in 2011 and 2012 fall.

I don't believe this is the case - the biggest transfer bonus to Avios recently has been 50%, and the once in fall/winter 2012 was 30%. Delta has offered a 100% bonus in the past, but they haven't offered one for a few years now -30/35% may be the norm going forward

Message 3 of 4
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

My bad, you are right it was 50% only.

Dont know from where this 1005 got into my head Smiley Surprised)

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.