Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Offers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Offers

Do you believe it's worth it to have an AMEX card for gaining access to those offers? 

I've seen them being mentioned a lot here and on DoC.

What is your opinion AMEX cardholders? Also are those restricted to cards that accumulate MRs?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Offers

some of the offers can be really good,   depending on what you spend on,   lots of travel offers or basic shopping offers,  and no they are not just on mr earning cards,   majority of the offers are cashback instead of points,   recently there were ones for 10% back at lowes up to 1k , same with staples and a few other places,  lot of the offers carry over to different cards and some cards have unique offers,  i have 7 amex cards and a few of the offers are on all cards others only on one or 2,    

Message 2 of 6
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Any AMEX card can get AMEX offers, but not all cards get the same offers.   I wouldn't say the offers alone are worth an AMEX application, but it could make the card more useful once your SUB has been achieved.  These days, I really only use my AMEX for Offers or pre-sale events.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 3 of 6
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

I’ve noticed the offers are much better on my PRG then my Delta Gold. Most of them are the same for the most part but I’ve never really gotten very many good offers on that card.

I’ve gotten 2 decent offers on the Amex ED card so far and I’ve only had the card for a month.

Just recently on my PRG.
Airfrance and KLM we’re giving 20K MR points for 1000 spend. That’s about a 400 value if you value MR at 2 CPP.
Some people have even be able to get 6-8CPP from MR which basically almost makes that 1000 you spent on flights free and then some depending on the redemption value

That offer was not on my everyday card either. I looked since I thought about trying to double dip it to offset the cost of business class.

So far in 7 months. I’ve gotten back about $120 bucks and around 5000 MR through offers

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 4 of 6
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I don't know if many others experienced this, or if it's just specific to my spending habits (where I shop, what I spend, which cards I use)...

...but I think the number of good offers fell around early 2016.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the 11 months I've been with Amex, I've only used 3-4 offers. Most of them, like about 80% don't apply to me.

@Shadowfactor wrote:
I’ve noticed the offers are much better on my PRG then my Delta Gold. Most of them are the same for the most part but I’ve never really gotten very many good offers on that card.

Same here. Which is fine with me, I'd rather have the MR points that can be transfered to various travel partners, rather than locked into Delta.

The BCE has also had few useful ones. I think by having more than one card definitely casts a wider net for useable offers.

But no, I don't feel thse offers alone are worth having any of the cards They're bonus perks that go along with regular earnings and of course the SUB.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.