Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX PC from Delta Skymiles to BCE

tag
maninder89
Established Member

AMEX PC from Delta Skymiles to BCE

I called AMEX yesterday to change my Gold Delta Skymiles to BCE as I realise I will not be doing much of air travel in coming 1-2 years and I didnt want to accumulate miles. As per the CS you can PC from a revolver to a non AF revolver any time but to PC to a AF revolver you need to wait 13 months. Its is due to the limitations the CARD act or some other law regarding how much AF they can charge in a year. CSR also told that you can not change from charge to revolver or vice versa. I thought I just let everyone know that PC with AMEX can be done before 13 months.

I am done with earning miles.. lets get some cashback now.. 

And I also got the smallest CLI on AMEX.. 2000 to 2200.. lol... My income on papers can not justify a bigger CLI right now. Waiting for Full Time to start. Next time maybe 6600... Smiley Tongue 

Oh yeah and myFico rocks.. and so do the members.. Keep Gardening and Growing Smiley Tongue 

EX FICO - 770 (Lender pull - AMEX) Feb '13
 photo Wells-Fargo-Cash-Back-Credi_zpsb9d8097b.jpg
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX PC from Delta Skymiles to BCE

@maninder89 wrote:

I called AMEX yesterday to change my Gold Delta Skymiles to BCE as I realise I will not be doing much of air travel in coming 1-2 years and I didnt want to accumulate miles. As per the CS you can PC from a revolver to a non AF revolver any time but to PC to a AF revolver you need to wait 13 months. Its is due to the limitations the CARD act or some other law regarding how much AF they can charge in a year. CSR also told that you can not change from charge to revolver or vice versa. I thought I just let everyone know that PC with AMEX can be done before 13 months.

And I also got the smallest CLI on AMEX.. 2000 to 2200.. lol... My income on papers can not justify a bigger CLI right now. Waiting for Full Time to start. Next time maybe 6600... Smiley Tongue 

Oh yeah and myFico rocks.. and so do the members.. Keep Gardening and Growing Smiley Tongue 

I did the same with my delta. I dont remeber now if I had the gold or platnum, but dont travel anymore. I changed to the bcp , they kept my interest rate the same, which was a bit lower than the normal rate for the bcp at that time, and they bumped my cl from 10k to 20k. It was a good phone call. My bcp gets used all the time. It is my go to card, and racks up money rewards pretty easily. The yearly fee is easily paid for with reward dollars, and the rest is free money.
Message 2 of 15
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

@maninder89 wrote:

Is that because you were going from an AF to a non-annual fee? What if you wanted to PC the Delta to a BCP? That's what I'm thinking about doing. I've only have the Delta for three months but I realized I'm not going to spend any money with Delta because my United program with Chase is so much better. Can I PC to the BCP before the 13 months.

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 3 of 15
fittiger
Frequent Contributor

I'd like to know that too?
Message 4 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 5 of 15
zyzzus
Established Contributor

That is good information.  Maybe next time I try to get in with them I'll app Delta and PC to BCE. 

Thanks OP

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,400 | Chase Freedom - $8,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited- $13,000 | Chase Amazon -$5,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 | Fidelity Visa -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000  | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $10,000 | Amex EveryDay - $25,000  | Amex BlueCash Everyday- $9,800 | Citi DoubleCash - $18,000 | Sapphire Preferred- $13,000 Freedom Unlimited$7,000 Blispay$12,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve- $18,000 | Consumers Credit Union Visa Sig Cash Rebate$25,000

Message 6 of 15
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

Thank you for this information! This is exactly what I plan to do! Quick question, will I be able to keep all of the sky miles I accumulate? Including the bonus miles if they're still unused at the time of PC.

Basically are the miles (especially bonus miles) affected by the status of the card?

Message 7 of 15
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

@unc0mm0n1 wrote:

@maninder89 wrote:

Is that because you were going from an AF to a non-annual fee? What if you wanted to PC the Delta to a BCP? That's what I'm thinking about doing. I've only have the Delta for three months but I realized I'm not going to spend any money with Delta because my United program with Chase is so much better. Can I PC to the BCP before the 13 months.

Can anybody answer the quoted question?

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 8 of 15
GaTech
Frequent Contributor

You can PC from charge card to charge card, though I'm not sure about the annual fee revolvers....
As of 1/10/2014 EX FICO - 748. EQ FICO - 728. Trans FICO - 755

WellsFargo - $3,000 AMEX BCE - $18,000 Chase Freedom - $4,000

Message 9 of 15
fittiger
Frequent Contributor

How long had you had the Delta before you PC'd to the BCE?

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.