Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX PC

tag
s_rob7488
Regular Contributor

AMEX PC

Just called Amex to see about switching my Blue card to a BCE and was able to do that. I asked the woman what seemed like thirty times if it would pull a CR and she insisted that it would not and also asked if my account would be closed and reopened with the new BCE and she said no. So I get BCE and keep all same Account info. I'd say that was worth the call Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: AMEX PC

Yep, AMEX product changes are painless ~ no credit pull, just a simple conversion.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 13
s_rob7488
Regular Contributor

Well from online it only gave me the option to upgrade to the BCP or Blue Sky Preferred so I was a little shocked. Are you familiar to the BCE? My wife and I are frequent Super Target shoppers and wanted to know if it qualifies for the 3% cash back or not...

Message 3 of 13
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

Why not get the target visa with 5% off? That is a good question though I just checked and it's categorized as a wholesale store just like Walmart. 

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 4 of 13
s_rob7488
Regular Contributor

Wouldn't the Target Visa have a small CL and not grow? Thats just me gathering from what I remember reading about it. Plus I had (prior to switching banks and being too lazy to set it up again) the "debit" card version but I prefer to use a credit card for everyday purchases rather than a debit card. 

Message 5 of 13
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

I was an au on the card under my parents the cl was decent around 3000 but I guess it just depends on how this card would suit you. If you plan on using it just at target the rewards are great. But as far as everyday cards go by no means.  I'm guessing your go to card will be the bce so the target visa should compliment it well as far as Cb. 

Lender pulled 10-10-13
Message 6 of 13
s_rob7488
Regular Contributor

Go to card currently is the CSP. She is my baby. Although you are correct that I will be trying to use the BCE more and wait for my CSP to report 0 balance after my statement date as I would like to call Chase exec office to sp cli. That's for a different day though...If the BCE would qualify for the 3% then I would rather go that route. 

Message 7 of 13
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

Yea definitely the fewer cards the better IMO I did check my statement though and my purchase at target was classified as a wholesale store. 

Lender pulled 10-10-13
Message 8 of 13
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Yep, in most cases, Target and Wal*mart stores aren't classified as Grocery stores, and wouldn't qualify for the 6% BCP discount.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 9 of 13
s_rob7488
Regular Contributor

Shoots. Oh well still awesome cards. Thanks for the info pizzadude & drew
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.